Recommended Regimen

Emerald

Hi there, I am post op two weeks, have removed the staples and most of the pain factor, got a nice short haircut with a good stylist, and headed back to work today. I actually thought it would be harder to show up at work but it wasn't at all. I didn't do anything except my hairstylist knew how to hide the scar area and blend my hair in with much shorter area on top. I am VERY EXCITED to get back on my feet and start a new life! In few days I will start my usual workout routine at the gym, and hope for the remaining soreness to disappear soon. I Can't wait for the hair to grow back!!!:-)

MY QUESTION IS: Now, what kind of regimen should I decide to take, beside the daily PROSCAR, (to protect and promote my investment!)???

What are your findings about best possible: Shampoo? Vitamins? Topicals? Intakes? etc? and frequency of usage.

I keep hearing about Nioxin Shampoo; good Multivamin, Fish Oil, B-complex; MSM, and Mederma for the recipient area.

Appreciated,

Emerald.

Hi there, I am post op two weeks, have removed the staples and most of the pain factor, got a nice short haircut with a good stylist, and headed back to work today. I actually thought it would be harder to show up at work but it wasn't at all. I didn't do anything except my hairstylist knew how to hide the scar area and blend my hair in with much shorter area on top. I am VERY EXCITED to get back on my feet and start a new life! In few days I will start my usual workout routine at the gym, and hope for the remaining soreness to disappear soon. I Can't wait for the hair to grow back!!!:-)

MY QUESTION IS: Now, what kind of regimen should I decide to take, beside the daily PROSCAR, (to protect and promote my investment!)???

What are your findings about best possible: Shampoo? Vitamins? Topicals? Intakes? etc? and frequency of usage.

I keep hearing about Nioxin Shampoo; good Multivamin, Fish Oil, B-complex; MSM, and Mederma for the recipient area.

Appreciated,

Emerald.

Emerald,

I don't know what your normal workout routine is, but do take caution with any heavy lifting right away. Deadlifts, squats, etc. can really put a strain on your donor area scar and possibly make it stretch.

Also, watch the crunches and situps. Anything that involves putting your head forward can possibly widen the scar. I'm not saying do nothing, just use good judgement.

As far as post-op regimens - the one that worked for me is proscar, minoxidil 5% on the recipient area twice a day, MSM to speed growth, and a good multi-vitamin. I healed very quickly and I felt that the minoxidil greatly inhibited shock loss and helped speed growth.

Happy growing and I hope this helps!

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog