how long does it take to start growing

Dakota,

Welcome to our community.

At 5.5 months, most people at least see some growth - but this doesn't mean you aren't a late bloomer.

But I'm a little concerned because I also noticed another post by you about scar repair (I replied to that one too).

Who was your doctor?

Bill

My doctor was doctor phillips in boston from bosely. Ya i now know that bosely is not the best place to go, but unfortunatly i didnt find out until it was to late. What are the percentages of transplants that dont work?

At 5.5 months you are STILL early, so the best thing you can do is wait until 12 months post op before doing anything about it.

But please...do not go back to them for anymore work.

Your last question is difficult to answer. Transplants work all the time in the hands of a qualified physician. But hair transplantation is a delicate process and if the grafts are damaged in any way once removed and before they are transplanted - the damaged grafts may not grow.

As I said though...it's not worth panicing at this point....you will have to give it at least 7 more months!

In the meantime...I suggest you research HT and in a few months begin consulting with one of our coalition doctors: http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-content...s/our_physicians.asp

Bill

Bill is right

5.5 is early , so don't worry ( I actually think Bosley has a don't grow warranty). Give yourself about 7 - 8 months and if you don't see anything then , maybe you should be a little concerned.. Keep in mind, many times the changes are very gradual so you may not notice yourself

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Thanks! That makes me feel much better. Your right they do have a dont grow warranty, but after reading about Bosely from this and other sites i'd perfer not to subject myself to anymore damage if this one doesnt turn out right. I will look into getting the scar worked on though. Thanks for the advice guys!

Hey

Not all Bosley docs are horrible so keep your chin up.. Ok, so maybe the cosmetic result might not be 100% perfect but it can be corrected and you will still gain density ..

Try to be optimistic.. what 's done is done & worrying doesn't do anything

good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

5 1/2 months seems a bit long. I had some growth at 7 weeks in my last ones and am at 6 weeks and a few days since my most recent procedure. I am hoping for something next week. I do understand it varies person to person, but that seems like a long wait.

Hi Dakota. Listen, sorry for the bluntness, but if it were me and it was 6 months out I'd assume it's a bust. There are so few cases that get full intended results after 6 months. Very possible they botched the harvest and transplanted "dead hair". Join the club of problem HT's and money down the drain. In your case though, at least they didn't mutilate you. Get a consultation from Hasson, Shapiro, True whomever and start again.

Well thats a bummer. Bosely does have a no grow gaurantee, butto tell you the truth id rather cut my losses rather than let them cut into my head again. I cant even begin to tell you how many complaints i read on them after i had the procedure, which really bummed me out. Now that i owe them so much money its gonna be a long time before i can even consider another HT for financial purposes. Your right about the mutilation though although i think he could of done a better job with where he chose to cut.