taking of pictures

Hello, new to board. I've been lurking for a few month's and have learned quite alot from the very knowledgeable posters. My question concerns the taking of pictures. The pictures I've taken seem to show me balder then I see in the mirror. Any suggestions.TIA

Craig,

Welcome to the forums. Taking photos can be tricky sometimes if you're trying to be as accurate as possible. I wrote an article about this some time back on my personal site. Here's the link...

How To Take Hair Photos

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Craig,

Welcome to the forum,

I think a lot of us are shocked when we see our head from a different angle, I know I was! I actually think we sometimes go thru a stage of denial while looking in the mirror face on. We can style around it for a while, but at some point it becomes more of a reality. No worries though, you have options and the first one is to educate yourself as much as possible here.

If you are taking the photo with a flash, that will give you a balder appearance.

Good luck,

NoBuzz

Keep looking in the mirror. icon_smile.gif

I remember first seeing a picture of me from above and thought when did I become Jewish and start wearing a Kippah? Doh! That was a shocker. icon_eek.gif

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Just to clarify Nobuzzforme's post... flash will make the crown, top and sides look thinner because of how the light from the flash bounces back to the lens thereby washing out some of the hair in the image. Flash on the hairline from the front or either side will make it look thicker because each hair will have a shadow of itself and the flash does not bounce back to the lens.

I hope this helps. If you need any more tips just let me know. Good luck.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

It's amazing how photography can play tricks on us doesn't it? Unforunately, this is a trick many physicians use on their website in order to make their results look better than they actually are. They'll use the opposite trick on the "before" photo to make it look worse, giving the overall "surgery" more credit than it's worth. Angling also plays a significant role in the appearance of density. Look at my hairline pics from the front and then from the top? You can see from straight on, it looks great...but from up top, not so good. (Keep in mind all readers of this in the future that I'm posting this at 3 months post op and there has been no visible growth yet from y third surgery).

Bill