Graft Shedding

About how long does it take for the grafts "fall out". Ive read where they are suppose to fall out, but im wondering how long after the procedure does this take place? Also, when should I start to see the results ?

I had 1500 to hairline.

About how long does it take for the grafts "fall out". Ive read where they are suppose to fall out, but im wondering how long after the procedure does this take place? Also, when should I start to see the results ?

I had 1500 to hairline.

hey,

you may have also read that this varies from person to person. grafts normally start shedding 1-2 weeks after the procedure, while shedding is over around the 4th week. this is the majority, i believe, however, there are instances were shedding starts late, around the 4th-5th week, even a very few patients do keep most of their grafts and experience minor shedding, but again, this is quite rear.

i had a procedure of 1500 grafts 4 weeks ago, i remember shedding starting around the 2nd week, and as of now, i barely have on my head 20% of the implanted hair.

hope this helps... i was always wondering though about any correlation of the shedding time and growth time, meaning the earliest they shed the earliest the growth will start and vice versa(?) maybe somebody else out there can share some opinion on this..

At the two week mark I had my sutures removed, and at that time I was given a thorough head cleaning. I'd been very very careful up to that point, and so my head was undamaged, but not exactly ready for a night on the town either.

After the cleaning I saw that much of my new hair had pretty much been cleaned away, and I think that was part of the point. It was shedding out anyway, so they helped the process along a bit, and also helped to set my expectations.

So right there I waved, "HASTA LA BYE BYE" to my new hair, and I haven't seen much additional shedding, because there's really nothing left to shed.

I still can feel, but not see quite a bit of peach fuzz, but that's it. Otherwise all I have up top is my pre existing hair that is starting to grow back.

Results? min 3 months, and then from what I've seen it won't be much to write home about. The six month mark is where your hair starts to get serious.

mark h