Had My Transplant Yesterday with Damkerng Pathomvanich

TomA

Had a great experience with Dr. Path's office yesterday. Thanks to the community for helping me find him!

I posted photos in the photo section. Tell me what you think!

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=146453

FYI One months supply of finesteride 1.25mg in Thailand costs only 550 bhat which is about $15!! No prescription required.

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

Had a great experience with Dr. Path's office yesterday. Thanks to the community for helping me find him!

FYI One months supply of finesteride 1.25mg in Thailand costs only 550 bhat which is about $15!! No prescription required.

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

Guest josh - b

Tom,

That looks very good.

I'm booked in with dr path later on this year and you've given me a lot of reassurance.( coincedentally, i will also be getting laser eye surgery)

Happy growing and keep us posted.

Josh--glad to help. I don't think you have much to worry about. Obviously I can't speak to results yet, but as far as the procedure, they exceeded my expectations. He's just a great guy, and his assistant doctor is an amazing woman. You can tell they really care about you.

I checked today and it looks like I got almost 33.3 bhat for US$1 from Siam Commercial Bank--that means only $2.10/graft. I got lucky because the Bhat was way up last week--like 30.5 to $1.00. Keep an eye on those exchange rates and if you see the Bhat go down, WIRE IN YOUR PAYMENT. He will refund anything you don't use.

If you need advice on hotels or what to do in BKK, let me know. If you've got time, you should also visit Chiangmai, I know a great hotel and travel agent there. Lots of great trekking (on elephants), fun trips (see the long neck hill tribes, visit the Golden Triangle), great food (I did a Thai cooking school), very inexpensive. $26/night for a 4.5 star place--brand new. Do it before your transplant, though.

Do you know where you plan to go for the LASIK yet?

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Guest josh - b

Hi tom,

Thanks for the exchange rate advice. I've actually been to Thailand a few times before and have a couple of friends living in Bangkok.

As for the lasik, i was planning to shop around when i got there (post ht) but if u can advise me i would appreciate it.

I'm basically looking to restore my hairline. My crown and top is okay so i'm glad to hear that dr path can do large sessions (3000+).

One pass, combined with meds should hopefully see me ok.

Anyway, i'll be very interested to see your results and looking at your pics i think they're going to be excellent.

I had a good experience at LaserVision.

www.laservision.co.th

I think there are a several other good places in Thailand. This one was not far from the Doc's office (15-20 minutes by taxi depending on traffic) so it was convenient when I had two appointments on the same day.

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Glad to hear you had a positive experience. Bangkok is just a short flight away for me.

BTW, I checked with the medical store. Finasteride 1mg 30 tabs is just $3 or 4/- here in Delhi. Hope that helps. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by TomA:

• 1 year later...

Hey TomA...

I just had a HT with Dr. Damkerng on July 11th. I mentioned to them that I spend a lot of time researching on here, and that you recommeneded them in high regards. They mentioned you were schedualed to be in later in the month!

THANK YOU for the advice. WHAT AN EXCELLENT TEAM! I had a wonderful experience in Bangkok, but not only that, the treatment adn quality service that recieved from Dr. Damkerng and his team was the highlight! I am three weeks into my HT and I am already thrilled at what I see.

Thanks for the good words, and to anyone out there... I would recommend Dr. Damkerng and Stough clinic to anyone wishing to get a HT

age 27

2377 grafts (frontal)

When thing start growing adn looking good up there... I will be posting my progress pics