Hats and HAir loss

Tacobellydancer,

More power to you!!! I think you have addressed your issue in a way that made sense for you and made a good decision.

As I have said before I think it's wonderful that this approach has become so accepted and fashionable today. I can relate to your feelings about losing your hair because for me as a young man during the 80's it was emotionally devastating. With the most well known exceptions of Telly Savales and Yul Brynner, the "chromed" look was not prominent then. I would give my right arm to be able to do it today but obviously with the effects of my proceedures, could not.

I too have been watching "Deal or No Deal" and yes, Howie certainly looks much different than earlier in his career, like when he was on "St. Elsewhere". He always had thick, curly dark hair. I read that he shaved it for a role and his wife liked it so he has kept it that way. Also think of how cool, macho, and charismatic the actor Michael Chilkis is now on "The Shield" versus when he was previously "The Commish". I have a father in law who is still very dapper and dignified approaching 70 who I would love to see do this.

Don't worry too much about how they will react at work because I know you look great!

Phil

Tacobellydancer,

P.S.- Your former dependence on hats/caps and avoidance of certain social and recreational activities is also very familiar to me. For me I actually called in sick to school a few times on "bad hair days" and it was the reason I skipped prom my senior year (for some reason had a hard time getting a date-LOL). Thankfullly for you, those days should be over.

Phil