Just got my meds - need help

SV_08

finally took the plunge and got a prescription from my HT doc. asked for proscar to save money... when i got it filled i noticed 2 things..

1. The pills are incredibly small. i cant see how splitting them into quarters will work. I attached a pic for reference. are they normally this size??

2. i was given the GENERIC version. the pharmacist said that is what my plan covered. is it worth taking them back to cvs and paying extra for the name brand??

thanks for any help

IMG_1233.JPG.29de8b352fabd1b7a7da4ff5b95688c5.JPG

HT2 - March, 2013. 2933 grafts.

HT1 - June, 2006. 800 grafts.

finally took the plunge and got a prescription from my HT doc. asked for proscar to save money... when i got it filled i noticed 2 things..

1. The pills are incredibly small. i cant see how splitting them into quarters will work. I attached a pic for reference. are they normally this size??

2. i was given the GENERIC version. the pharmacist said that is what my plan covered. is it worth taking them back to cvs and paying extra for the name brand??

thanks for any help

those pills look ok.

you can purchase pill cutters but i put the pill on a cloth and press down with a sharp knife using the middle of the blade where i want to cut it.

they do cut easy and dont shatter.

you could have a go cutting a different pill first ie cheap headache pill.

hope this helps

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

You said that was what you plan covered...

Keep in mind 2 things:

1, proscar isn't that expensive.

2, if you put proscar on your insurance, it may red flag you later as someone who has prostate problems, and cost you more to get insurance at a later date. Proscar for hair loss is an off-label use (even though its the same thing as propecia, just 5mg instead of 1 mg), and is typically prescribed for prostate issues.

I'd rather just pay for it straight up. Its only what, 25 bucks for a 3 month supply?

-Steve

I don't work for a doctor.

Got 2700 fu from Ron Shapiro, 11-30-7

thanks all for the replys... i was really taken aback by how small they were, but from your responses, that seems about right...

if i did switch em to name brand, i would just pay for them straight up. i just wanted to see if it was worth it or not, cuzz i know the pharmacist is going to tell me they are the exact same thing (thinking its for prostrate and not hair).

i rec'd 30 pills of generic version- that comes out to a 4 month supply for only $5

2nd question...

i know it has been beaten to death, but i my doc told me taking it EOD was not a strong enough dose.

im going to start at Every Other Day dose. How long should i wait before determining if its working, or if i should increase to 1/4 pill Every Day??

i was given the GENERIC version. the pharmacist said that is what my plan covered.

They only cover generics? What type of cheap insurance is this? icon_razz.gif

Anyway, if you get a good pill cutter, you could more or less quarter that.