Is this the best long term approach?

I've been thinking about it, and for someone who is a nor4-5 with a good bit of donor hair, theres really no reason one cant get a "decent" hair in front which means a slightly receeded hairline and overall job isnt see-thru.

I was thinking that the best approach is to get 2 mega sessions for about 5-6000 total grafts with more density in front to build hairline and "connect" the sides, with a dusting in the crown so it doesnt look totally bald.

And then over the years, if/when receession of the "rim" occurs, you can use FUE to strategically fill in areas that start to look bad.

From what I gather, 2 megas and in the right hands, donor scar will be small. Further megas risk stretching the scar, so FUE may be better for later touch up.

Does this sound like a plan?

I've been thinking about it, and for someone who is a nor4-5 with a good bit of donor hair, theres really no reason one cant get a "decent" hair in front which means a slightly receeded hairline and overall job isnt see-thru.

I was thinking that the best approach is to get 2 mega sessions for about 5-6000 total grafts with more density in front to build hairline and "connect" the sides, with a dusting in the crown so it doesnt look totally bald.

And then over the years, if/when receession of the "rim" occurs, you can use FUE to strategically fill in areas that start to look bad.

From what I gather, 2 megas and in the right hands, donor scar will be small. Further megas risk stretching the scar, so FUE may be better for later touch up.

Does this sound like a plan?

Sharp,

Your approach is a commonly used modern day method, one similiar to mine, however I had 2 ht's and only 3500 grafts. (easily 2,500+ left).

I dont have any thin areas anymore period !, and Propecia seems to have helped the MPB from progressing.

"IF", I were to have a HT later in life I would hope FUE could be my "fill-in" choice.

NW

Yeah, I would hate myself if after 2 strips everything was healed fine, and then I went in for another strip only to find that it stretched.

I havent seen any pics of FUE used to tranport significant hair, but i imagine it could be used to fill in small areas without risking a widening scar.

SHARP:

I think NW is on to something. Maybe because I'm thinking like he is. FUE/FIT for me over another strip.

This doesn't always happen, but the more strips you take, the greater chance for a wider scar result. That seems to make sense for a variety of reasons.

My density is above average in my donor area at 90 FU/cm^2. I have a little "bozo hair" going once in a while. To me, FUE/FIT could extract a lot of hairs over all that area and I'd still have the appearance of full density and no donor scar.

I probably had about 9000 FUs avaialable for HTs. I'm very glad I had a megasession of 2200 hairs to "quickly" establish hair on the top of my head and to recreate a hairline. Man, my hair used to completely suck.

Now I want minor work on the frontal third. 500-800 grafts, probably. So 3000 FUs total to get me where I want to go.

Maybe that's all I'll ever need. My dad is NW5 and I was NW4A. Propecia is keeping the crown in check. I have a very little thinning on the upper 1/4 of it, but I just don't find it even a concern anymore. I have to search to find it, really.

That's my strategy. Who the hell knows if it is right in the long run? It is right for me right now. And that is good enough.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.