Hair transplants

Hello all

I'm new to the forums, i have been losing hair for over 5 years, started on proepceia was on it for over a year no help but it did slo the hairloss down, with side effects(sexual). Went to avocor i now use the rogane foam and the avocar pill.

I am saving up for a transplant, researching and such. I something about single follicul hair transplants. Where one follicul grew 3 or 4 new hairs, i perfer follicul over strips i dont want the scarring i have seen. Could you all please direct me to a good website(s) for me to further research and about how much does it cost and should i save. All of my hair losss is in the front thank you in advance

Hello all

I'm new to the forums, i have been losing hair for over 5 years, started on proepceia was on it for over a year no help but it did slo the hairloss down, with side effects(sexual). Went to avocor i now use the rogane foam and the avocar pill.

I am saving up for a transplant, researching and such. I something about single follicul hair transplants. Where one follicul grew 3 or 4 new hairs, i perfer follicul over strips i dont want the scarring i have seen. Could you all please direct me to a good website(s) for me to further research and about how much does it cost and should i save. All of my hair losss is in the front thank you in advance

I am in line to get a ht a couple months down the road, in May. I am very hesitant to go on medication such as Propecia. I have read alot that many people get side effects. Would you be able to tell me what happened when you took propecia. Did the effects go away after a couple of months? How is the avocor working for you?

Personally, for me, I would rather keep getting hts rather than take propecia and go impotent.

The negative side effects of Finasteride are quite rare, I do not think we have any members here who have any negative side effects. I would say the first thing is to take Finasteride, you'll stabilize your hairloss and maybe regrow some as many of us, with no downside.

Avocor and the rest are just snake oils, do not waste your money on them.

Mopar and MrClean you have found the best community here, so take advantage of it, you have many questions and all the answers are here, take your time, read and learn from the forum posts and the learning center website.

First go to:

http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/

that's the multimedia site

Then come back here to post your questions once you get the basics.

We are here to help you, that's what we do.

• 1 month later...
Guest prabu

buddy,

iam new to this forum ,

i have full head of hair..but the problem is my volume of hair is keep on reducing and i can notice my forehead gone little bit up and slight thining on midde.

so i started propecia just 2 days before...

i feels that my libedo is reducing ...

iam taking only propecia not minoxidil...

is propecia alone would work or not ??

now myquestion if i take prpecia for atleast 1 or 2 years , after that if i stop continuing propecia ..those sde effects will go away or not ..bcoz i dontwant to take big risk compared to this hair risk.

is it cause any problem for child fertile ?

PLZZ plz advise me ASAP..!!!

Is it even possible to notice ANY side effects after 2 days? Are you sure you're not so afraid of side effects that you're convincing yourself you have them when you really don't (hipochondria, I believe, is the term here).

I agree with YoungGuy- 2 days is pretty quick to notice any problems and the symptoms may be self-induced. Give it a little time and see how it goes.

Taking Propecia or using Minoxidil are really both lifetime commitments if they help you. You'll have to keep using them to get any benefit they provide and you'll lose any hair maintain because of them if you stop use.

Any side effects will go away if you stop taking Propecia. No, I do not believe it will cause infertility but check with the Doc who prescribed it to be sure.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.