Tony R - Day 7 -with Dr Limmer San Antonio -1150 grafts

Just some pics of day 7, just was able to wash my hair, thats a great feeling.

i love the new hairline. of course at day 7 a little imagination is needed, but its very easy to see how much better it looks already (at least in person, the camera can be harsh). My hair looks that much better already.

Just for review - really happy with this so far. Will post again in 6 months. TR

7401031123_D4F9A92CDB0AA68610B6838201986A5F.jpg.thumb 6401031123_36DA3DC5DDA31DF0FC036663AC76782A.jpg.thumb 5401031123_7CD26A7953D26E9656D77F8EB1C6E2AF.jpg.thumb 4401031123_23800C01B73CAA48C601D52FE970D49D.jpg.thumb

Just some pics of day 7, just was able to wash my hair, thats a great feeling.

i love the new hairline. of course at day 7 a little imagination is needed, but its very easy to see how much better it looks already (at least in person, the camera can be harsh). My hair looks that much better already.

Just for review - really happy with this so far. Will post again in 6 months. TR

7401031123_D4F9A92CDB0AA68610B6838201986A5F.jpg.thumb 6401031123_36DA3DC5DDA31DF0FC036663AC76782A.jpg.thumb 5401031123_7CD26A7953D26E9656D77F8EB1C6E2AF.jpg.thumb 4401031123_23800C01B73CAA48C601D52FE970D49D.jpg.thumb

Tony,

Great photos, and congratulations! I know what you mean about washing your hair at this point in your progress...it does feel good.

I also remember how pleased I was during the first month while most of the transplanted hairs remained. I'm sure you're already aware that you're going to have a couple months that are going to really suck. There was a time during my third month when I thought I might have looked worse than before my HT, but things are really turning around now for me...and they will for you too.

Hang in there buddy. Look forward to seeing your 6 month post!

2967 Total Grafts w/ Dr. Cooley on 1/3/07 [1st HT]

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

Aq-

Hey, c'mon...................cut Tony a little slack. I reviewed his posts and don't really find anything other than a guy who believes he had a positive experience with the Limmer clinic and wanted to share his story. Most of us have questioned the density so if Limmer's wanted a shill I think they could have sent someone with more than 1150 grafts, don't you??

I could be wrong but I think you're being a little harsh here. How about just giving him the benefit of the doubt?

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Edited - Aquarius - you are an ass. Your comments were personal, unprofessional, and uncalled for. I put myself outthere as a new poster, visitor on this site, and you went low class. I have read other posts where you have done the same.

Its sad really. You want to comment on the procedure i had done, go ahead. tell me i look like crap, and you think i will look like crap in a year. fine by me. tell me the drs i chose suck, thats your call. But you get personal and cocky often. i call you bluff, think you are an ass, and dont care what you think. The other posters give critical and inforative advice for the most part. you tend to think your views are the only views. have you spoken to me or my dr's? i suggest you call dr limmer and speak with him and then post your comments. otherwise, you are blowing smoke with your only one sided argument. you dont know me. comment on what you know, not what you dont know. and it seems like to me you need to take a break from this board. maybe turn the laptop off for a few minutes. you called my number, great, i live in houston. i work for a hospital. i chose to go to limmer because of their reputation and proximity. believe me, i would go back again. you are just a jerk. and to think you have anyones best interest at heart because you are a good guy who wants everyone to get good hair transplants is apparently ridiculous.

I will ,but I feel something is not right.

Perhaps when Pat gets back he can do a surprise visit.

We all know density is not the only thing wrong here.

I also will not give out anything that will stress this kid.

Fantastic!

Let's see what we have here - the "regulars" on the board will tell everyone when and what they can post. If someone has a positive experience with one of the "in" doctors that the "regulars" endorse, all is well. If someone posts a positive experience with a doctor who isn't in that inner circle then they have to supply everything under the sun before they qualify to post. Even if that doctor is part of the much heralded coalition. Tell me, what exactly has the coalition done for the Limmers? We know they are paying an unspecified fee to be there (generalities don't cut it, my earlier questions in previous topics that went unanswered still stand), so what's the benefit? Non-doctor critics here have referred to the techs as "drones" and the clinic as having an "automated process", evidently without even the slightest understanding of how hard those people work and how skilled they are at what they do.

Way to encourage new patients. Guilty until proven innocent. Shill until proven otherwise. No wonder the guy sounded off.

This is the same thing that happened to the guy who posted his story about Dr. P in Thailand and it's really a bad reflection.

Limmer is a legend and really doesn't need to take a back seat to anyone. These diatribes are misguided and quite sad.

I will respond to this in 2 parts....

First--- there is nothing wrong with Trobmacho's posting here.... we wanted more work displayed by Limmer..we are getting some.

End of story.

Anymore derogatory posts toward Trob posting that are accusatory and personal and I am going to ask Pat to suspend that poster for a length of time. Spoon is 100% correct in that assertion.

Talk about the work, Talk about why you do or do not like it, but leave it at that.

Second--- Spoon we have wrangled about some of these issues in the past, and as far as the Limmer's are concerned, they have a choice to belong to the Coalition or not. That it is in a nutshell.

Jessica posted that they are booked months in advance, so any fee they pay or and perceived benefit they reap or do not reap is of no consequence to us or anyone else. It is for them to decide.

However, you are 100% right in that we need to do a better job of welcoming new posters. Everyone is guilty of being a bit harsh, myself included.

This has been noted and discussed.

I think Aquarius has gotten a bit carried away with this thread and I HOPE some editing is in order.

I hope Trobmacho will edit his post as well-- don't leave your # out on the net.

Anyway, patient care and more importantly patient care in the face of closure/infection/poor growth, etc.. outside of Canada/U.S. is still a very large question mark, especially for those who are worried about money etc.... and live here in the Western Hemisphere. My opinion of course.

Trob... do not despair my friend.... you are learning a great deal and you are welcome here ANY time. Sometimes it takes a bit to warm up, but your doing just fine.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I have no beef with Tony.

And yet you essentially called him a shill.

I just don't think his best interests were served.

This is a leap considering he knew what he was getting and was happy with it. He had certain constraints that were described in his earlier post and the surgery happened within the confines of those constraints. It looks to me like his interests were served. It also seems to me that others are describing what they think his interests should have been but those arguments completely ignore the constraints.

....so shut your piehole.

Not quite sure why you would sink to this level but I think I'll make the decision to stop posting when I see fit.

Aquarius, youre an ass. Anyone who would read the above posts would determine that. Hard to believe someone could find this site, get a hair transplant, post pics of it, and get the responses you have posted towards me or whoever they are towards. i like the way you say its not personal. yet i only post info about my experience in a professional manner and one of your first responses is "who asked you to post here"? i think it makes you look foolish. this whole conversation is childish.

Trob-- I would ask that you refrain from posting these type of responses right now.

While we are all guilty at times, I am asking that you simply back it down a bit..... Cool?

Aquarius--- I am all about posting what I feel and I am passionate about what I do post, but sometimes we cross the line and that is where a few guys like myself and others come into play.

Today it is you, tomorrow it could be me and trust me I get it as well if some believe I crossed the line.

I think if both you and Trobmacho simply delete your posts to each other in this thread we will be left with a decent thread ready for updates as Trob sees fit.

Or we could simply keep wasting time bickering back and forth and no one wins when that happens.

I thank you all for your understanding.

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

B-Spot - Done

Just recall that he threatened me pysically and used profain language not the other way around. Before his edits.

Now he looks like poor pure me.

I left him my number per his request ,so if he want's to play Tony Montana . I'm his hucklberry.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

I imagine the original post by Aquarius was deleted? Because I'm not finding it to see what the fuss is about.

Anyway...

Let's try to keep postings respectful. Giving honest feedback is what makes this forum valuable...but do it with tact and respect. I also encourage members who receive honest feedback, that if it's not all peaches and cream, to try to understand that constructive criticism is designed to help...that is, as long as it stays constructive.

Cheers Bros,

Bill

Yes, Bill -

I responded to Aquarius's original post which basically claimed Trob was a shill. I like editing my posts occasionally for spelling purposes, but I think sometimes it may be better that posts not be able to be edited.........who knows??

Spoon - I understand a little of your frustration.............as for proof of quality work for a non-Coalition Doc.......why shouldn't there be? All we want to see is proof of a claim...........pics of a surgery, that's not too much to ask, is it? What about the countless lurkers here who NEVER post and use this site for research? Before I start recommending a Doc who isn't a member of the Coalition, I'd like some proof of what I'm recommending. No one is trying to "rain on his parade". Just being honest with comments for the benefit of EVERYONE.

For the record, I think Limmer's perform quality work..........the only question I asked in Trob's case (which I think is valid) is that it MAY not have the density he'll be satisfied with. He mentioned that even Limmer's mentioned this to him so he was made aware.

B spot - I completely agree...........we need to focus on the point at hand and not make it personal. That's when things tend to get out of hand.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks Aquarius, appreciate it.

Bank---while I agree about editing, sometimes it is simply best to edit out some posts because it ruins the entire thread's initial purpose.

In this case Trob posted some post-op pics and the thread turned into him being accused of being a shill or whatever.

Thanks Guys,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Will all due respect B-spot. I wish that niether of us vwere able to edit. I did not call him out as a shill. Once he realized he may be he freaked and threated me with pysical harm used profanity and said things that I would never have even in jest. . I responded to his threats and he crawled into his own a$$.

Perhaps I was right. : )

I did edit - remove my posts as per you request.

I have way too much respect for this place to do otherwise.

Now it looks like I tore a girlscouts dress and took her cookies.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

Aq and B-

Sorry..............think I likely missed Trob's foul post and Aq's reply. Sounds like things have landed where they likely should have. If the comments were that bad.....i agree, they should be taken out.

Peace,

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

I am not going to comment on Aquarius any longer. Again, all i did was post pics of my hair transplant and I was accused of dishonesty. Thats pretty personal and uncalled for - and yes I took that personally. I edited my posts to refrain from this bickering. I didnt crawl into my Ass as someone says. Again, I just dont keep my laptop in my pocket and I do leave the house.

I understand the questions of density per others who may disagree. The transplant I received has fit me to a T so far. Every one is different. I spent what in HT world is a minute amount of money for what I believe will be a signifigant and very safe cosmetic result. I will not transform to John Stamos quality hair with 1150 grafts, however, my hairline and cosmetic result I feel will be very positive. Will I have as dramatic of a result as someone who gets 3000 grafts, no. But I also spent 1/3 the money and also had much less chance for a bad result stemming for the large number of grafts. I understand the science of HT has grown and the mega sessions are being done successfully, but they still offer much more risk and this was also part of my decison as I spoke to my Dr. As you push the limits of what has been accomplished in HT, you also push the chance that something does not go well. For many on this board it looks like the risk was worth the reward. Thats great. For me, this first step or what could be final step will be very rewarding.

Thanks Trob--- just leave the other stuff out--- Aquarius has done his part and let's not take any more shots.

I think we all got the situation back on track and let's keep this thread about YOU and about the new growth that is headed your way in the coming months.

Cool?

BTW-- thanks for posting your concerns with the mega-sessions and why you opted for the session you did.

I hope that as you continue to post and read here that your view on sessions and session sizes changes to incorporate a larger broader view, in addition to keeping a healthy respect for minimizing the risks involved.

Glad to see your feeling well,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Guest Brad Limmer, MD

Guys,

What we all want is for our patients to have a positive experience and be happy with their results whether they do it in one pass or two. The point of the forum is to help patients understand what it is like to have done, what can/cannot be done and possibly who some good physicians are to do it.

From following this thread, I can understand why Tony felt attacked. Results from old style plug transplants have scared many people away, thinking that is what could happen to them. The way a new poster is treated can have a similar negative effect. Pat has put together a beneficial site, with some really quality physicians in both the HTN and Coalition.

I have not spent a lot of time with the Internet, as some physicians have. I rely mostly upon word of mouth from pleased patients. After Pat's visit, I realized we need to become more active on the HTN.

I have posted a new thread regarding my approach titled "Considerations regarding case sizes and densities" under the Hair Restoration question and answer forum along with a series of photos. These photos represent patients from last Friday to help demonstrate the results you see both in donor healing as well as a series of immediate post op results.

This will be just a beginning and look forward to being much more active, helping to empower patients to make informed choices and answer their questions.

Brad Limmer, MD/jac

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopi...1017123&f=2566060861

Jessica,

Glad to see you have been more active. When I have more time, I will be reading your post about session sizes, especially since I've been one of the one's to question your clinic's use of smaller session sizes on patients who could clearly benefit from larger ones.

Cheers,

Bill