Going for FUE short list

I have visited local docs Devroye, Bisanga and Prohair.

All of them sort of gave the same graft recommendation to solve my problem.

The average was 3000 grafts.

Devroye seems to prefer strip, maybe he has little FUE experience? Otherwise he gave me a good impression.

Bisanga was not showing any preference strip or FUE. He seems to have quite a bit of experience in both procedures. The setting of the clinic however is not exactly high end, in fact it did not feel very professional.

The docs at Prohair are only performing FUE I was told. They are located in a very impressive domain. Also the interior was the most professional of the clnics I visited.

They are doing FUE every day since over 2 years and seem to be most experienced in mega session like they call it. I met 2 of their patients who came in for after care and there was no sign of surgery to detect after 10 days.

I am still wondering where to go. Prohair is on top of my list, but there is little to find on this board.

Any ex patients of these docs on this site?

I have visited local docs Devroye, Bisanga and Prohair.

All of them sort of gave the same graft recommendation to solve my problem.

The average was 3000 grafts.

Devroye seems to prefer strip, maybe he has little FUE experience? Otherwise he gave me a good impression.

Bisanga was not showing any preference strip or FUE. He seems to have quite a bit of experience in both procedures. The setting of the clinic however is not exactly high end, in fact it did not feel very professional.

The docs at Prohair are only performing FUE I was told. They are located in a very impressive domain. Also the interior was the most professional of the clnics I visited.

They are doing FUE every day since over 2 years and seem to be most experienced in mega session like they call it. I met 2 of their patients who came in for after care and there was no sign of surgery to detect after 10 days.

I am still wondering where to go. Prohair is on top of my list, but there is little to find on this board.

Any ex patients of these docs on this site?

I like the work Dr. Bisanga is doing with fue.

They are very reluctant to exceed 25% extraction in any area of the donor region and I believe they do a very good job spreading larger sessions over 2-3 days. The hairline work I have seen from Bisanga has been very nice and natural.

Prohair is pushing the envelope for mega-fue sessions. The work is very clean (post-op) but I have not seen much of their work completely grown out. I know they believe in using very small instrumentation, but I just do not recall seeing any results to speak of.

I believe a member named Bverotti is their representative-- PM him for more information. I do not have a recommendation for them at this time.

Devroye is doing smaller fue sessions at this time (just like Rahal, I believe) so if you feel that he was hesitant to go forward, then back away and reassess. I like the work I have seen from him, however.

On another note... this site is starting to become more involved and informed about clinics located outside the U.S. and Canada, so you may not find much information about certain clinics here. I encourage you to keep asking questions and doing research before you make a decision.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Kellybel,

If you are looking to get 3000 grafts via FUE, you need to look no further than Dr. Armani. He is the best in the field of FUE mega-secessions. Second I would look at Dr. Feller. I recently had 3,500 FUE and Dr. Armani did it in 1 day! Look into it, he is about to release his new website that will showcase 50 new patients that had mega fue's. Good luck,

Hairme

I have had both strip and fue surgeries. I prefer strip because I got a lot more done in less time. Also, if you get a huge fue surgery, you will have little dots in the back of your scalp from all those follicles being removed. You will have a scar either way, but the strip method I had pulled both areas, above and below, the site together so no one notices it now. I can feel it, but I have had my hair cut three times since my surgery, and my barber never noticed it. Just something to think about.

Hi Kel,

Happy to see that we are on your short list.

We don't have a lot of patients that post on weboards, lot alone English speaking forums.

As for strip vs FUE it will be an ongoing debate for some years to come (as it has been for some years now).

I believe our docs have been doing FUE longer then most. Experience is key, especially for FUE sessions. We started offering megasessions as soon as early 2006.

If you want to read comments about our docs by ex patients I suggest you visit 'haarweb' website. Some ex patients of ours are reporting about us over there.

I share hairme07 experience in that FUE is far far less invasive and healing is much more uncomplicated and much much faster (had both done)

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.