News from Japan

Robert_

From JapanCorp.net:

Lion Develops Innovative Retardant for Male Hair Loss

Tokyo (JCNN) - Leading Japanese toiletries and cosmetics manufacturer Lion (TSE: 4912) announced on July 12 the results of its latest survey on male baldness.

Initially, the company's two R&D units have histologically confirmed that a peroxide, which consists of oxidized sebum, causes the death of hair root cells and stimulates the baldness.

Further, the company has discovered that the combination of beta-glycyrrhetinate, an anti-inflammatory substance, and piroctone olamine, an antioxidant, has an inhibitory effect on the death of hair root cells and helps retard the hair loss.

Based on the findings, the company plans to put on sale a new product for suppressing male baldness, which contains beta-glycyrrhetinate and piroctone olamine, this fall.

Details of the research will be presented at the 56th Research Symposium for the Society of Cosmetic Chemists of Japan to be held on July 14, in Osaka.

I'm posting this for information purposes only. It seems that every couple of months another miracle cure comes out of Japan or somewhere else only to dissipate into obscurity as soon as the hype wears off into the reality that the product doesn't work. Before, I would wait until conclusive evidence would follow the product before I felt comfortable bringing it to the forums. I don't feel that hype disguised as "News" is constructive in the least bit, as it only breeds dissapointment. The last thing that hair loss sufferers need is more dissappointment from yet another product that doesn't work.

I will keep my ear to the ground, however, and post new developements as they arise as this does seem to have some scientific background and, therefore, maybe some credibility to it.

I am not endorsing the use of this or any product. Use at your own risk. Don't eat paste.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

From JapanCorp.net:

Lion Develops Innovative Retardant for Male Hair Loss

Tokyo (JCNN) - Leading Japanese toiletries and cosmetics manufacturer Lion (TSE: 4912) announced on July 12 the results of its latest survey on male baldness.

Initially, the company's two R&D units have histologically confirmed that a peroxide, which consists of oxidized sebum, causes the death of hair root cells and stimulates the baldness.

Further, the company has discovered that the combination of beta-glycyrrhetinate, an anti-inflammatory substance, and piroctone olamine, an antioxidant, has an inhibitory effect on the death of hair root cells and helps retard the hair loss.

Based on the findings, the company plans to put on sale a new product for suppressing male baldness, which contains beta-glycyrrhetinate and piroctone olamine, this fall.

Details of the research will be presented at the 56th Research Symposium for the Society of Cosmetic Chemists of Japan to be held on July 14, in Osaka.

I'm posting this for information purposes only. It seems that every couple of months another miracle cure comes out of Japan or somewhere else only to dissipate into obscurity as soon as the hype wears off into the reality that the product doesn't work. Before, I would wait until conclusive evidence would follow the product before I felt comfortable bringing it to the forums. I don't feel that hype disguised as "News" is constructive in the least bit, as it only breeds dissapointment. The last thing that hair loss sufferers need is more dissappointment from yet another product that doesn't work.

I will keep my ear to the ground, however, and post new developements as they arise as this does seem to have some scientific background and, therefore, maybe some credibility to it.

I am not endorsing the use of this or any product. Use at your own risk. Don't eat paste.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog