CROWN WORK, PICTURES WANTED!!

I was just wondering if you guys could show me any REAL pictures of some SUCCESFUL/DECENT hair transplant in the crown area. I just want to see if coverage is possible.(Preferably id like to see pictures without the hair combed back as that is just a comb over, not coverage)

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

if your using your self , can any of your PLEASE take a picture under direct light and head tilted down. Really i wanna see the complete worse view that you could see any signs of balding so i can see how much coverage you can really get.

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

i'm only ten weeks out from my 2100 crown grafts with Dr Feller ,after 18 months of research i'm confident in my choice of surgeon ,and expect more than 60 grafts per cm2 to compliment my exsisting hair density ,i usually wear my hair longer ,surfer style . Early days for me but i hope these pictures will help

DSC01313.jpg

25.jpg51.jpg

PB110198.jpg

PB110193.jpg

PB020101.jpg

these pics are 28 days later with a number #2 buzz cut

177.jpg

176.jpg

and my scar

167.jpg

168.jpg

173.jpg

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Nice job on your pictures Richie - very clear and up close shots are great.

I don't mind at all displaying SMG pictures, except that I'd like to add the bottom after pic is results of just 6 months. icon_smile.gif

I guess I can't display two at once.

Note to Bill: If you're able to display these photos so they pop up rather than having to click, please make it so #1.

1700crown.JPG.f3126870a77ad984f445079e746024c9.JPG

Here's a link to my pics. I had 3200k--1100 went into the crown. will be a while before i have results to show...

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=148798

oh, and you'll also get to see what poor crown work looks like from my previous HT.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Good thread everyone,

I thought I'd contribute by adding my crown pictures. It's still a bit thin because I focused primarily on the front but here goes:

Before Any Surgery in 2004

2621000943_Untitled-1.jpg

Right After Third Surgery with Dr. Hasson

2471099472_A33885E22B1DB97D55FC18A99AF4B995.JPG

8 Months After Third Surgery with Dr. Hasson

2201098323_08B5E1550651575A2D893FE32062FA9D.JPG

Cheers,

Bill

Yep, the crown is a toughy.

If you've got thinning on the top + the crown goes, say bye-bye to any fantastical notions of full dense hair again.

Than and I have been discussing this at leisure lately over our balding lectures. Indeed, we have paced endlessly in the Balding-Boardroom over the inner workings and inntricacies of the crown to no avail. Our discovery? If you have a significantly large crown AND a complete bald to p you are doomed unless you have a chewbacka donor density.

By the way, if you place a real crown in the area designated as "the crown" it will fall right off. NO one has ever worn a real crown in that area. however, if you place a yamikah in that same area it will stay perfectly, Indeed, this is where yamikahs are traditionally worn. I don't know why anyone calls it a "crown". We should rather affectionately name the area:

---THE YAMIKAH.

my Yamikah might be slightly thinning. Its hard to tell because I have to see my yamikah in the bathroom mirror all by myself. If my yamikah goes then I will probably just shave my head down or if I discover I have enough donor to fill it then I will densely pack my yamikah and be proud of said yamikah...

The yamikah -- err, crown -- is indeed tricky to navigate as it can consume so many grafts; I've wondered what type of balance I'd wanna strive for, and how much I'd want to commit to the crown at the expense of greater density elsewhere, namely the front.

Perhaps because I haven't had to experience noticeable balding there (yet), but I've always felt that I'd much rather sacrfice and be willing to accept a thinning/bald crown to a thinning/bald front. The grass is always greener on the other side, but it seems that a thinned/bald crown wrecks much less havoc on your aesthetics and isn't as obvious like a bad frontal 1/3rd that shows like a 24/7 flashing, neon sign. I don't think I'd "require" as much density in the crown as in the front.

If my crown does go, my outlook at this point is to either start going back to synagogue so I can, in good conscience, wear an aptly named yamikah; feel fine with good density in the front but some thinning in the crown; max out my donor between FUE/FUT w/o totally making it look like swiss cheese; or shave my head down and strive for coverage that will look great when buzzed short and FUE my scar.

This has been "3AM Crown Musing Theatre".

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!