I bought Revita shampoo

MrJobi

Hi everyone

As you know, I pride myself on being objective & fact based. Well, with this in mind I just purchased 2 bottles on Revita shampoo.. From what I have seen it does have all of the "good stuff" which seems to provide anti-DHT effects including the active ingredient in Nizoral ( i'm hoping it is a less harsh than it).. I will let everyone know what I think of it but of course my expectations are zero.. must say though, the website and marketing material is very professional and science based citing each ingredient and the supporting documentation/theory. Again, this does not mean anything & it won't regrow hair.. BUT it may assist in loss as Nizoral has shown to in studies?

Maybe this becomes 1 of the big three??

http://www.divineskin.com/revita/about.asp

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hi everyone

As you know, I pride myself on being objective & fact based. Well, with this in mind I just purchased 2 bottles on Revita shampoo.. From what I have seen it does have all of the "good stuff" which seems to provide anti-DHT effects including the active ingredient in Nizoral ( i'm hoping it is a less harsh than it).. I will let everyone know what I think of it but of course my expectations are zero.. must say though, the website and marketing material is very professional and science based citing each ingredient and the supporting documentation/theory. Again, this does not mean anything & it won't regrow hair.. BUT it may assist in loss as Nizoral has shown to in studies?

Maybe this becomes 1 of the big three??

http://www.divineskin.com/revita/about.asp

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Ok

Heres the scoop thus far..Been using it for 3 days now and I have a full head of hair icon_razz.gif

Haha I wish ..

Actually, it smells very nice and has a thick lather.. I definitely like the way it leaves my hair as it is surely more mild than Nizoral.

My hair feels clean and not weighed down or frizzy as some thickening shampoos can do..

So far, I give it a thumbs up. A good shampoo

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Well since Mrjb is recommending this...it peaked my interest.

Other than that, I may have written it off as a scam above scams.

But I'll have to do some research on this and see what I think.

I don't think, however, I will use any special shampoos ever again (except maybe for Nioxin because it cools my scalp). Whatever native hair I had is pretty long gone and I'm left with just about all transplanted hair.

But I'll be interested to follow the scoop!

Bill

P.S.

This could potentially be better than Nizoral IF it proves to be less harsh on the scalp.

However, even the studies on the Revita website show that using ketoconazole 2% is only needed 2-3 times a week (which is what is typically recommended for Nizoral anyway).

I didn't see the cost or a place to buy the Revita shampoo on the website. How much is it and where can it be bought? Just wondering...

Bill

Hi Bill

I bought it online, just do a search but I did not want to list a website that sold it as I'm certainly not pushing it .. About the shampoo, it is certainly much gentler than Nizoral so that in itself sold me.. It leaves my hair feeling nice and voluminous without drying.. I've tried the other thickening shampoos and they dry the hell out of my hair.

What I like about the company is at no time do they promote "regrowth" or show these BS before and after approach. Seems they have taken a scienctific approach and just added all the stuff which can possibly assists in regrowth .. All in all it is a nice shampoo and costs about as much as Nioxin or those products.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Bill

"However, even the studies on the Revita website show that using ketoconazole 2% is only needed 2-3 times a day (which is what is typically recommended for Nizoral anyway)."

did you mean 2-3 times a week?

i will probobly test experiment with this also, i like the way nizoral leaves my hair quality wise but it leaves my hair thin, since u said it thickens, i might consider it

thx

Apparently the only way to buy this shampoo is on line. I went out today and wasn't able to find it, Walgreen and CVS have it in their web-site, but don't have it physically in the store, I also went to Wal-Mart, but no luck. I don't like to buy shampoos on-line, but I'll make an exception in this case because I want to really give it a try.

Hi

Just do a search and you can find some websites.. Just make sure it's secure..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Good stuff.

Too bad I cannot make an accurate measure on whether or not it works. I'm 4 months post op so all of my additional hair will be growth from the HT..

Cannot draw any shampoo conclusions..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

So far so good with this stuff! 3 weeks or so

I do like it. My hair has seem to be getting fuller but again, I'm at the 4 months point to the exact day!!!

Yahoooo!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 1 month later...

So I decided to buy Revita shampoo also to give it a try - given that it has the same active ingredient as Nizoral.

The science and public evidence of the active ingredient ketoconazole seems to suggest that it may combat against hair loss as effectively as Rogaine 2%.

In addition to ketoconazole, other ingredients in this shampoo are: copper peptides, MSM, and a list of other ingredients.

Though I don't expect to see new growth from this product, I've seen enough good things about Nizoral (Nizoral is too harsh for me - dried out my scalp and hair even 3 times a week), that I've decided to give Revita a try.

I will keep you all posted.

Bill

Thanks Bill

I've been using it for 2 months now and really like it. Doesn't dry my hair out and smells quite nice. My hair does seem to be growing faster but again, tough to judge as I normally get more haircuts that of late.. I do see some little hairs in the forehead area coming in but maybe these are from shockloss HT #3 ( although my work was in the crown and mid)

I never used Nizoral religiously so maybe the Ketoconzole is helping?? Maybe I am crazy

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!