Wow. Thanks for the Info

DrEvil

Just wanted to drop a note and thank everyone for the great information. I had my first "consultation" scheduled with the folks at Bosley for tomorrow afternoon. Good thing I did a little internet research on them first...the best thing that can be said is that they are inconsistent at best and I'm not willing to come out of a procedure looking WORSE.

I'm still new to all this stuff and in a bit of shock since I really just discovered my hair loss this past weekend. Saw a pic of myself from behind and said, "who's the bald dude...hey I have that shirt too...wait a minute, OH GOD NOOOOOOO!". I just turned 30 and I'm not comfortable enough to say, "eh, just hair.." quite yet (maybe in my 50's but I doubt it). My wife always says, "Look at Sean Connery or Bruce Willis"...I AIN'T NO SEAN CONNERY OR BRUCE WILLIS! When I have a private island to go retreat to, then I'll let the hair thing go.

As luck would have it, I live in the Twin Cities and I've made an appointment with the folks at Shapiro since everyone seemed to have really good things to say about their clinic. Thanks for heading off a potential DISASTER and steering me in the right direction. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks again.

Just wanted to drop a note and thank everyone for the great information. I had my first "consultation" scheduled with the folks at Bosley for tomorrow afternoon. Good thing I did a little internet research on them first...the best thing that can be said is that they are inconsistent at best and I'm not willing to come out of a procedure looking WORSE.

I'm still new to all this stuff and in a bit of shock since I really just discovered my hair loss this past weekend. Saw a pic of myself from behind and said, "who's the bald dude...hey I have that shirt too...wait a minute, OH GOD NOOOOOOO!". I just turned 30 and I'm not comfortable enough to say, "eh, just hair.." quite yet (maybe in my 50's but I doubt it). My wife always says, "Look at Sean Connery or Bruce Willis"...I AIN'T NO SEAN CONNERY OR BRUCE WILLIS! When I have a private island to go retreat to, then I'll let the hair thing go.

As luck would have it, I live in the Twin Cities and I've made an appointment with the folks at Shapiro since everyone seemed to have really good things to say about their clinic. Thanks for heading off a potential DISASTER and steering me in the right direction. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks again.

Freakin' Sea Bass!!!!!......Are they ill-tempered? icon_biggrin.gif

Welcome Dr. Evil! You have the privelege of living in the same town as one of the best HT surgeons in the known universe! You are in good hands, so take it easy and enjoy yourself during your consultation. BTW, finally coming face to face with the fact that you are bald is not fun whatsoever. I did that at 25, and just shaved my head to hide it. Anyway, welcome to the forum, and keep us updated as to your progress/treatment program.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Are you still shaving? I've tossed that around a bit too. I was in the Marines for a bit and I remember liking the 'low-drag' appearance, but I also remember scaring a lot of children too. Especially when my facial hair length exceded the hair on my head. There's a fine line between friendly eye-contact and the piercing stare of a psychopath. I'm really curious as to how many FU's I'll need. I should just say screw it and buy an rainbow-afro wig. "What this? No it's natural."

Out of curiosity, did anyone else have a gutless group of friends & family that never let them know they were losing their hair? I COULD have started taking Rogane years ago if I had known it was serious.

Evil, no I just had a HT with Dr. Shapiro 10/7/05, but I still shave down to a #2 every week. I am going to Dr. Shapiro's office for a "checkout" this coming Monday, so I will be in town. Also, my Dad is thinking about doing it, so he'll be along as well. I am truly excited about my results so far, and I can't wait for HT#2.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Administrators

DrEvil,

One never knows who may come on to this forum. Even an evil master mind is welcome - if he is sincere about resolving his hair loss non violently.

I'm glad to see that you have finally come to realize your hair loss was real. Perhaps with a new look you will not feel typecast as an evil mastermind forever.

Please let us know how your consult goes. We can use more light hearted posts on this forum.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Originally posted by DrEvil:

I AIN'T NO SEAN CONNERY OR BRUCE WILLIS! When I have a private island to go retreat to, then I'll let the hair thing go.

Are you sure of that? Even Bruce Willis is interested in hair restoration. Wealthy or not, famous or not, the fact is we're all humans, we all see ourselves in the mirror and we all want to look good. Look at Italy's Prime Minister: hard to have more than what he's already got, and at his age you might think "he's not bothered by his baldness"... and still he's just had an HT!

Good to have you here anyway, I know Pat will be thrilled to see yet another "Dr" participate to the debates.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day