A second transpalnt

Dear All,

Any coments from peole who have had a second srtip removed from their donor regon? Any common exprences?

During my last (Very poor) HT I had my grafts harvested with the multi bladed knife, which was uncomfortable and has left my donor regon feeling a little tight. Can any other double transplant patients tell me how strip compares to multi blade?

Dear All,

Any coments from peole who have had a second srtip removed from their donor regon? Any common exprences?

During my last (Very poor) HT I had my grafts harvested with the multi bladed knife, which was uncomfortable and has left my donor regon feeling a little tight. Can any other double transplant patients tell me how strip compares to multi blade?

there IS no comparison..multiblade is something out of the dark ages now...WAY too much destruction of follicles...its merely a convenience for the butchers who still use it...

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

everything I have read and heard is that the surgeon cuts the original scar out while taking the second strip...

Be aware..if you choose to have this done again, it seems there are some clinics saying they are doing "follecular unit" transplants, but they are actually mini and micro grafts....just a heads up..

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

If you feel your donor area is already tight I advice you not to have a second strip OP, it will make your tighness only worse.

Consider FUE as alternative.

1800 grafts strip followed by 2100 FUE by Dr. Jones for who I am doing consultation work in Europe.

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

A little bit of my backround:

Donor hair considered a 9, on a 1 to 10 scale.

NW level before HT -- Confused.

Scalp laxity-Very tight.

I went to Dr. Gallagher's office and was greeted by Tom S. He had a terrible hairtransplant. I was assured that was a mini-micro, outdated procedure. Dr. Gallagher said I will be a six, maybe a 7, on the norwood scale by 40. I was quoted 800 grafts. I was told I was a NW 5. I had a full and thick crown and back. I did not think I was that bad for say 2500 grafts. When I asked why so little grafts Tom told me the other places lie to charge more money. The strip from the first HT was taken very high. I asked why. Dr. Gallagher claimed he thought I would not go that low (first lie as they said a possible 7.) The scar stretched causing ingrown hairs. The HT came in around 3-4 months. It looked extrememly grafty. When I asked why I was told to wait till the other gratfts grew around it. I was also told by Tom I would not need another HT for 10 years. I had shock that never returned. I looked grafty and could not understand why every one else could not where a hat after a couple of weeks. I had couple fu's (4 to 7 hairs). My hair is so thick that it stood out from the thinning hair. I told Tom my friends said it looked grafty. He said to find new friends. He said I would have been totally bald in that area so cut myself a break. I really needed a soft hairline. Dr Gallagher who I so naively trusted said get the front done, it most important. I did the front. The hair line 7 months later was most 2 and 3 fu right in the hairline. At this point I have been wearing a hat for 13 months. I went out once or twice without a hat. People would grab there hair and look at mine. I did not look natural. I had reddness and ridging for 8 months. I went to ask why and was told I would need a touch up. I was despearate for a normal, natural hairline. I could not get another strip due to laxity. I finally went to Dr. Jones who said the grafts looked doubled up. I had a 350 fu touch to hid the grafts. It did work. Again I had masssive shock from Dr. Gallagher. I then had 1000k fu from Dr. Jones to cover all the work. I may have to go back to have the 2's and 3's removed from my hairline if this does not camaflage them. I am currently 6 weeks post op from 1k fu with Jones. Thru fue we were able to retrieve tiny fu's for a hairline. I will know in 6 months if it turns out ok.

I might add that I have 2 scars from Dr. Gallagher. One high and one low. The lower one which was the second scar almost healed 1 mil. The first was high and did stretch.

I have a total of 3250 grafts. I don't know how many coupled fu there are. I was told 800 would last 10 years. I was told they would cut out the first scar for the second ht. We I got there I was told it could not be done. I was told not to worry about scars, you can get scar reduction. I was also manipulated with commnets such as you may be a seven. Look at your wet hair after a shower.

His website claims he was the Director of a large clinic. Bosley ?

I may still very confused.

I trusted this site and the Doctor.

I will say that the fue from Dr. Jones did not cause scarring and is starting to grow in nicely.

I wish I did have 1,800 to 2,500 fu's off the bat. I have had 4 procedures. 2 were corrective. I do no not wish to post pictures or proceed with this further.

This is just my experience with HT's. I am sure all doctors have positive and negative results with all patients.