HT docs in India and Hyd in particular

Hi everybody,

I have been following various discussions on this forum for the last couple of months. I am in search of a good HT doctor. So far I consulted with Dr. Berstein, Dr. Dorin and I have appointments booked with few other top doctors suggested on this site (Dr. Feller etc..).

Although I am satisfied with my consultations so far, high cost of this procedure here in US made me do some research for Docs in India and this where I need the help of fellow members on this forum.

Is there any good HT doc in India and does anybody know about Ravinder Reddy in Hyderabad in particular..? I really appreciate your feedback.

Thank u,

-Rapid.

Rapid,

Welcome to our community. At this time we do not recommend any ethical hair transplant surgeons who performs state of the art hair transplantation at this time.

Dr. Bernstein and Dr. Dorin are both first rate hair transplant physicians.

There are a few excellent hair transplant surgeons that are closer to you as well. I recommend using the map feature of our community to find a coalition doctor closest to you.

You may want to consider the Farjo Clinic (in the UK), Dr. DeVroye (in Belgium), and Dr. Feriduni (in Belgium).

Best wishes,

Bill

Rapid,

Wait !!!

I had HT from Ravindar Reddy in 2000. He did a Laser assisted HT, which I guess was the latest technology. IF he is still doing the laser assisted HT, then you better of flushing the money in Toilet and have fun than going with HT.

Having said that, I would encourage you to get some questions from this forum, and ask Dr. Ravindar Reddy. Once you have the questions answered from the doctor, come back and post the answers.

That way, you have a better chance of making a good, well informed, decission.

Thank you Bill and Software. Appreciate your comments. I decided not to shop for a HT doc in India. If I decide to go for an HT, I will pick one of the doctors listed on this forum.

I have been using Proprecia and Minodoxil/Rogaine Foam(This one on and off) for the last 2yrs and I am satisfied with the results. It definitely slowed my hair loss.

Recently one of the HT doctor's that I consulted with advised me to go on to Finasteride (5mg) - 1/4th a pill everyday. This definitely works out very cheap. Could u please share your thoughts/experiences on this (I went through some of the discussion threads on this forum on using Finasteride (5mg) ).

Thanks,

-Rapid

Rapid,

Splitting a 5mg finasteride pill into quarters and taking 1/4 pill a day is perfectly acceptable. That is what I do! It works the same as Propecia. The only difference is that you are taking 5mg of finasteride unevenly distributed in the pill over a course of 4 days. This means that some days you will be taking more finasteride than others while other days you will be taking less. However, many hair restoration physicians swear by this approach and I personally agree.

I hope this helps.

Software,

You might want to read this article posted by Dr. Rassman on Laser Hair Transplantation. Laser hair transplantation is an attempt to automate a manual process and takes out a lot of the necessary artistic touch. Direction of the hair follicles are more easily controlled with an incision made by a flat blade or small needle.

Bill

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Bill,

Thank you very much for ur feedback. I decided to go with 5 mg.

Hey I posted few more quick questions on Hair Restoration and Surgeon Review with subject : "Bernstein, Dorin, Feller". Could you please let me know your feedback..?

Thanks,

Rapid