transplant with rahal

Many thanks to all you guys on this site who spend vauable time responding to this site,I have been a member for a while and been researching consistently for 2 years, I am a solid NW3(no vertex loss) , 44 years old, I am going with rahal on September 25th, 2008, mostly looking for dense packing in hairline. I have no problem dealing with the strip and confident that Rahal is among the best. He is suggesting 3000 should do the job. Just wondering if I can now get any last minute advice as to how to avoid jumping out of the chair at the last minute. I have asked to documant the whole procedure to post here, just looking for words of encouragement to get me through the dark days ahead!!!!!

Many thanks to all you guys on this site who spend vauable time responding to this site,I have been a member for a while and been researching consistently for 2 years, I am a solid NW3(no vertex loss) , 44 years old, I am going with rahal on September 25th, 2008, mostly looking for dense packing in hairline. I have no problem dealing with the strip and confident that Rahal is among the best. He is suggesting 3000 should do the job. Just wondering if I can now get any last minute advice as to how to avoid jumping out of the chair at the last minute. I have asked to documant the whole procedure to post here, just looking for words of encouragement to get me through the dark days ahead!!!!!

Congrats on your selection; I also got 3k grafts to my frontal 1/3rd (relatively recently). It's amazing to have an actual hairline and w/e "dark days" you *might* go through will be *well* worth it!

You are going w/ an elite clinic that does great hairlines; you'll be in good hands. If you are really nervous that day ask him about giving you a valium or something. Other than that, just be giddy about the hugely positive step you are taking!

The hard part will be post-op and you are counting the seconds till' you have a sweet doo. icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I'll have my procedure with Rahal on november 3rd. After a first HT in germany (1463 grafts, good overall experience) in 2007 and two years of research on international websites I'm sure, that it is the best choice. I'm looking for 2000 grafts into my hairline and a very, very thin scar. My actual scar is to wide (0,5-0,8cm). Maybe because I went to the gym after three weeks. It was much to early.

An advisor of Dr. Bisanga told me yesterday, that it makes no sense to remove the old scar and go for a second trico-closure. Is he right??? Honestly, I'm shocked.

I'll document the surgery right here. Good luck to you.

This german Rahal-patient is 6,5 months post op (1440 grafts). Images are from September 5th 2008.

Directly post OP: http://alopezie.de/foren/transplant/index.php/m/13521/#msg_13521

6,5 months post OP: http://alopezie.de/foren/transplant/index.php/t/1642/

You have obviously done your research and selected a first class surgeon - for me the research and decision stage was the worst part!

You have every right to feel confident in your decision - congrats!

I am one month post op. and the time seems have passed very quickly, I have absolutely no regrets and have yet to hit any doldrums, just excited about the next few months.

Wish you all best for your procedure and look forward to following your progress.

Tubs

=======================

3,500 grafts - Dr Feller - 08/08/08