Some advice for those afraid of co-worker comments

Note: This does not constitute specific medical or other advise, see your doctor or psychologist for your individual concerns

Hi Guys!

Well I turn 40 in just a few days here. Funny, I began this whole transplant process in 1993. Back then I was quite paranoid about what people thought. "What will they say? !" I want to share my experiences with you, to help with the psychological impact.

Some suggestions in dealing with co-workers.

1. Remember that those who poke fun have poor self-esteem themselves. Look for bottles of Prozac or bad relationships.

2. For some reason when the grafts grow back in, the naysayers are the first to say "wow!".

3. If you can, get permission to wear a hat. In my case I wear a surgeon's cap. Some people will think you are having chemo therapy and leave you alone :

4. I'm surprised at how many people are supportive of the process. Even people I least expected.

5. Co-workers forget that you have the transplant done after it grows back. It becomes a non-issue. Most are just plain amazed. Even so, they seem to forget.

6. Focus on the horizon. With each passing day you come closer to your goal. In my case, at 90 days I had lots of new hair.

7. There are those that will continue to say that you look fine the way you are or looked. Just thank them and move on. Don't try to defend yourself. People just don't like change.

8. Many guys who are balding suffer from depression. Find yourself a competent psychologist and talk it out.

Hope this helps!

Note: This does not constitute specific medical or other advise, see your doctor or psychologist for your individual concerns

Hi Guys!

Well I turn 40 in just a few days here. Funny, I began this whole transplant process in 1993. Back then I was quite paranoid about what people thought. "What will they say? !" I want to share my experiences with you, to help with the psychological impact.

Some suggestions in dealing with co-workers.

1. Remember that those who poke fun have poor self-esteem themselves. Look for bottles of Prozac or bad relationships.

2. For some reason when the grafts grow back in, the naysayers are the first to say "wow!".

3. If you can, get permission to wear a hat. In my case I wear a surgeon's cap. Some people will think you are having chemo therapy and leave you alone :

4. I'm surprised at how many people are supportive of the process. Even people I least expected.

5. Co-workers forget that you have the transplant done after it grows back. It becomes a non-issue. Most are just plain amazed. Even so, they seem to forget.

6. Focus on the horizon. With each passing day you come closer to your goal. In my case, at 90 days I had lots of new hair.

7. There are those that will continue to say that you look fine the way you are or looked. Just thank them and move on. Don't try to defend yourself. People just don't like change.

8. Many guys who are balding suffer from depression. Find yourself a competent psychologist and talk it out.

Hope this helps!