Young first timer - advise needed

Good Evening all,

really looking for some sound advice on getting some minor FUE work done.

I am a 21 year old male and need my hairline tidied up as I have thinned in three patches and receded slighlty. However after starting finasteride some time ago have responded well and show no signs of continued loss at this point.

Now...I know I am young for HT and that is not an issue for me at this point I just need to know which surgeon would you recommend to give me my tight hairline back? Any suggestions for surgeons in the UK?

Any advise would be much appreciated

Good Evening all,

really looking for some sound advice on getting some minor FUE work done.

I am a 21 year old male and need my hairline tidied up as I have thinned in three patches and receded slighlty. However after starting finasteride some time ago have responded well and show no signs of continued loss at this point.

Now...I know I am young for HT and that is not an issue for me at this point I just need to know which surgeon would you recommend to give me my tight hairline back? Any suggestions for surgeons in the UK?

Any advise would be much appreciated

Won't be easy to find a (good) surgeon to work on you, given your age and minimal loss; particularly, I wouldn't think they would densepack a bold hairline....which it sounds like you are seeking -- "my tight hairline back".

Anyways, post some pics if you can; as for FUE, I think that could be your best bet for sure if your loss (and personal physiology) dictate it....your choice of surgeon/clinic is much more limited, of course...*AND*, choosing well is all the more important as FUE is such a difficult procedure w/ gobs of deceit surrounding it.

But ya, for FUE, speaking of American doctors (I'm not sure I'd go to any in the UK), I firmly beleive that Dr. Feller is on the vanguard (FUE is what I initially wanted, fyi)....I've never seen results, but I've heard Dr. Rose performs high-quality FUE, as well.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Can you clarify what patches are? Do you mean irregular divots in your hairline or temple recessions?

It sounds like you have minimal hair loss (which is still no fun, I know). You'll find that a stand-alone surgery is hard to achieve when you are filling in gaps from progressive loss. So I think "tight" will be a temporary thing once it is achieved.

The above does not answer your question, but is something to consider.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hi AG Smith

You are correct in saying you are quite young for a ht.I see you are on the meds which is great news and that you think they have stopped your hairloss.

As for surgeons in the UK there is only Dr Rogers who does fue but his results are not on par with other doctors in Belgium and North America.All the other clinics in the UK who offer fue are dabbling with it in my opinion and none have any posted results on any forum.

If i were you i would pm Spex on here and ask when Dr feller from North America will be in the UK doing consults as this is an opportunity for you to have a face to face consultation with a world class doctor who will tell you straight if you are a candidate for surgery.

You will also be able to meet patients and see Spex`s hairline which was fue.

Here is a link to the consult post.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=151226

I trust this is of help to you.

Cheers chucky

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result