Does anybody now Dr. Ochs ?

Hello. I am new overe here. I am trying to get some information about Dr. Ochs. If there is anybody who knows anything about him or heard something please writte. I would like to have my HT done by him.

Hello Peter,

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with his work. I decided to do a "find" on this forum to see if there were any other threads about him, and I only found this one http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/746...171020662#5171020662 where someone else was looking for information, but nobody replied.

Since I can't comment on Dr. Ochs work, allow me to direct you here: http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-content...s/our_physicians.asp where the surgeons have proven themselves to be top notch physicians producing consistent positive results in their patients. Though it is tempting to go to a physician in your immediate area, the best advice anyone can give you is don't let location dictate who you go to see. Many people travel from all over to see physicians that have proven to produce excellent results.

Bill

Peter,

Definitely spend some time researching a lot on this site and visiting doctors either personally or via web. I noticed on another post that you were once considering Bosley. Count your blessings you found this site prior to scheduling. There is a great deal of difference in the work from one doc to the next. They are not all created equal. The technology they use is not all the same. The skills of their staff and the numbers of staff are not all the same. It can make a huge difference. Good luck in your research. Feel free to ask as many questions as possible.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

My other qestion is about Crown Cosmetic Surgery Clinic in California. Maby somebody know them and their doctors. If yes wchich one should I choose if I decide to do my HT over there.

Please check out the links that Bill provided. At this stage of your investigating, I would try to stick with one of those docs. There may be reason to go with another doc but as you are in the early stages of research start with one of them as we are more familiar with their techniques and skills and can more comfortably point you in that direction.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Well, Dr. Ochs is OK and that is just it--OK.

I can see your attraction with his pricing schedule of 2.00 per graft.

Dr. Ochs stil uses dialators, which he proudly displays on his website..... circa 1997-1999.

Apparently Dr. Ochs reached the pinnacle of hair restoration in the late 90's and has felt no need to improve his methods.

I would think that if you just want a cheaper session for density and then go to a top doc for refinement then take the risk, just make sure you understand the road you are choosing.

Forget Crown.. no need to try and make yourself look worse!

Anyway, here is some advice based on what I can read into your posts.....

Stop.

Read.

Check out the Coalition Docs and do some virtual consults.

Then make a decision.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

To B spot. Thank you for your opinion. I didn't know that Ochs didn't improve his method. The pricing is attractive, but if after him I will still have to go to someone else I don't think there is a sense to do anything at all with him. The Crown I thought may be interesting but again follow your reserche I will stay away. Actually I am thinking now about Dr. Feller in NY or Dr. Williams at Las vegas. Dr Feller has pretty good pricing too. I don't know about Dr. Williams, but I already have an appointment scheduled with him for this week. It would be easier for me to have HT done with him becouse I live in Las Vegas. Maby you know something about him? If yes would you mind to tell me. Thank you for all your informations.

Hello Peter and welcome to the forum,

My buddies have given you great advice. Let's start from square 1 and consider all the options.

As we tell all new members we'll need your statistics:

- Are you taking any kind of Finasteride/Dutasteride or Minoxidil? If so which one, brand, generic?

- Take pictures of you hair, top, front, back and sides and post them here in the photo album section, you'll get a lot of expert advice. For the best way to take pics go to:

http://www.hairtransplantmentor.com/hair-loss-photo-tips.htm

- Ask as many questions as you need, we are here to help. Research, read, learn as much as you can on this forum and on the Multimedia Hair Loss Learning Center:

http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/

- Once you are a bit more familiar with the terminology and the different approaches you can guesstimate your own Norwood scale:

http://hairloss.cyberatlantis.com/library/norwood_scale.php

- Check members Hair Loss Weblogs to find cases similar to yours, the doctors who did their HT and their results:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/

- You can also play with the graft calculator to get an idea:

http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/mm/calc.html

Don't rush, the more you know, the best choices you'll make. Some members spend months here before reaching their best educated decision.

We are looking forward to more of your details so we can be more helpful.

Dr Williams was actually a Coalition Doc, but due to a few patients with very poor growth was removed.

Given that information I would say that Dr. Feller would be great choice....

I would also like to see you check out Dr. Shapiro, Hasson & Wong, Dr. Rahal, Dr Limmer and Dr. Harris (fue)in Colorado.

Feller, Rahal and Limmer will be the least costly Docs.

Take a piece of paper and write down each of these Docs. Send them some high-resolution Pics for a virtual consult. Write down graft totals, cost, travel, and overall comfortability with the each clinic.

Compare and Contrast each and narrow your search down in that manner.

I hope this helps you out!!!!!!!

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you feel necessary to reach a decision.

Take Care,

J

PS.. Make sure you read through HK500's response, it is really informative and helpful!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 7 months later...
Originally posted by Peterp079:

To B spot. Thank you for your opinion. I didn't know that Ochs didn't improve his method. The pricing is attractive, but if after him I will still have to go to someone else I don't think there is a sense to do anything at all with him. The Crown I thought may be interesting but again follow your reserche I will stay away. Actually I am thinking now about Dr. Feller in NY or Dr. Williams at Las vegas. Dr Feller has pretty good pricing too. I don't know about Dr. Williams, but I already have an appointment scheduled with him for this week. It would be easier for me to have HT done with him becouse I live in Las Vegas. Maby you know something about him? If yes would you mind to tell me. Thank you for all your informations.

I had talked to Dr Och's a couple years ago..and was going to get a 4000 graft HP..He told me that he had changed his methods to FU just like all the other drs.. after going to nuhart and having to get two transplants to get 4000 grafts..I wish I would have gone to him. I would like to hear from any of you on here that has had a HT from him.

One other thing: follow the advice of the other posters on this site. Although I was fairly lucky that I did not get poor results from Bosley, et al., I know I could have saved a significant amount of time (and donor hair) if I'd had knowledge of this network 5 years ago.

b

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have no useful intel whatsoever on Dr. Ochs, but, one thought...

Don't let pricing be your guide. I realize that this may be easier said than done, but, far better to either wait and save the $$$, or find a financing option that works for you, than risk your finite donor hair and peace of mind on what could be less than the best.

For what it's worth, Dr. Feller's prices seemed, to me, to be entirely fair, and his being fairly close to me (I live in D.C.; he is in New York) was a bonus...

Benjamin

I had a consultation with Dr. Ochs and requested a reference whom I could talk with.

My meeting was informative, although some statements were a little broad and 'emotional'.

What I liked:

- easy appt availability

- getting a prescription for Propecia

- he showed me his own HT when I enquired about his own situation

- when I asked why he was better, he talked of his own technique, but also said this is no longer any better than others' due to advancements in the industry

- provided me with a ref to talk to

What I didn't like:

- not defending his recommendation for both a hairline HT and back/crown HT (I only planned on getting a back HT).

- not adequately explaining why past patients felt they were still bald after only doing the back HT (basically making me agree to both front and back HT)

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have been associated with Dr Ochs since 2004 when he performed my first transplant and again in 2009. As a physician myself, I have the highest recommendations in all aspects of surgical abilities and patient care... I was so pleased with the first procedure I signed up for a second one...I would not hesitate to fully recommend him to any prospective clients.

• 3 months later...

About Crown Cosmetic, I remember a result posted on the forums a while back which produced very low yield and unnaturalness.

• 3 months later...

i just had a surgery less than a week ago. Dr. ochs treated me really well. The surgery went smooth(i was to receive 1600 grafts, he gave me and extra 200) also, i hate pain, it is the one reasons i hate transplants, @ dr. ochs office I didnt feel i thing. The staff is courteous,well

coordinated, and works well as a team. I have to say that his credentials are impressive as well

(he did residency at Oakland Hospital near my home) this is a very intense hospital, to make it thorough there would be a challenge.I would recommend him highly. i will be having another round there as well. hOPE THIS helps.

Cheers.

juanc

1000 grafts with dr rosanelli

1000 grafts with Dr. Peterson

1600 (july 17) with Dr. Ochs

• 7 months later...

Peter,

DO NOT USE DR. OCHS!!!!!!!!!!!!! He will wait until you're on the table getting your procedure and tell you you need more graphs for money. He gives you half of the graphs you pay for and your will lose your hair.

Go to san diego superior court or los angeles superior court and see how many lawsuits he has.

hope this help. Don't do it!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I recently attended a seminar in Beverly Hills and viewed a FUE surgery using this automated device. i was very impressed and will bring the neograft into my practice as soon as possible.

performing 2500 graft FUE sessions is now possible with little or no significant graft trauma. this automation will undoubtly bring the cost of FUE down.

The neograft company is promoting that this procedure has NON PHYSICIANS TECHS doing the entire surgery !

If you are interested doing a procedure this device, make sure that the surgeon performs all the extractions, makes all the recepient sites. The techs should only place the grafts.

good luck to those of you with short hair or just not comfortable with strip excisions.

Sparky,

I think that you are 100% correct in this one. Neograft is largely targeted at doctors with no experience in HT at all. Many of them view this as an easy way to get into the HT business.

Long story short, there are no shortcuts!