how many $ for this scar repair in US

Hi anyone

I have 100 old plug scars at the back (i shave my head) and wanted trichophytic closure and FUE. I want the old plugs on top to be removed.

I have a quote from an excellent doc in europe but its ??5000 (maybe $10,000). Please tell me what you had done and how much it cost. Did you have it done in one session?

Thanks for your time. I tried posting a photo but it exceeds the download limit

Hi anyone

I have 100 old plug scars at the back (i shave my head) and wanted trichophytic closure and FUE. I want the old plugs on top to be removed.

I have a quote from an excellent doc in europe but its ??5000 (maybe $10,000). Please tell me what you had done and how much it cost. Did you have it done in one session?

Thanks for your time. I tried posting a photo but it exceeds the download limit

Hello Andy,

I had done just what you described. What I did was have a 2500 graft strip session, and Dr. Cooley removed three rows of old plugs (one in the front that was my hairline) and two rows in my crown that looked awful.

My scar was eliminated with the new session and replaced with the Tricho closure that is much, much thinner. All this was included in the "new" session with no cost, etc. The Dr. did ask if I agreed with what he recommended and I could've kept them in. But I tell you, it's made a lot of difference and I don't notice anyone looking up at my hairline anymore. And, I imagine I got a lot of looks at my weird looking crown. I just never saw them looking from behind.

How many new grafts does that $10k session include?

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Andy-- if you would like a direct quote, simply contact any of the Coalition Doctors and email them your photos.

At Shapiro Medical, a simple scar revision is 1500.00, unless you add several hundred grafts-but you can't get much more info than that without pics!

Good Luck!

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

WAY over priced in Europe! Remember the US dollar is 1/2 of the Euro now-- so is major savings in the US for Europeans!

Most surgeons can conduct a strip procedure and consolidate/scar revision in the process which would basically be included in the price.

Dr. Shapiro consolidated 3 scars during my strip procedure with him! Just depends on how elastic your scalp is.

Best of luck and YES it can be corrected!

SMOOTHY

Dr. Shapiro

Propecia/Rogaine xra

MSM/Saw Palmetto

Nioxin Shampoo system

Zrii 3oz daily

Andy

I agree with the above posts, however I suggest you research well and choose a clinic(s) that posts a high quantity of consistent results (IMO - Shapiro clinic is definetly one of those).

I have just had surgery and in my experience you will get a great deal of comfort knowning that the clinic you choose has evidence on a public forum of consistent results and patient feedback.

Tubs

=======================

3,500 grafts - Dr Feller - 08/08/08

Thanks chaps for your input.

It looks like I have to go to the States then. Its a shame for me that I really got on with the surgeon in Brussels and know he would do a fantastic job yet I cant afford his services. Well i could, if I sold my car, saved up for six months, then didnt mind having nothing left at the bank. I wouldnt mind spending everything i had if it made me scar-less and happy but its nice if you can eat when you get back from the op.

ps I have added a hairblog now under the same name andyuk

Hey andy

You have received some sound advice for your current situation , I suggest you do lots of research and educate yourself before you make any desision .

I have just checked out your blog pics , whoa buddy , that's some fucking scars you have , would you be willing to update your blog profile with some of your history , Doctor , clinic , age ,when you had your work done .

I'm always interested in repair work and your isn't a straight forward case , your info will also help newbies and guys looking into having a repair done too .

Thanks bud

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Ive just spent ages telling my story on the weblog, only to submit it, then have it come back not updated and all the text boxes that i just filled in empty. This website needs modernising, i just spilled my guts out trying to share my story with the world and its all gone down the pan. Or am i doing something wrong?

I had my ht about 20 years ago when i was 21. It was at a clinic called Regency Crown.

I tried putting the full story on the blog - i hit the submit button and it seemed to be updating then it came back with 'internet explorer could not find this page' and all the text boxes i had filled in were blank

Nightmare andy

That happend to me once , stupid 'puters !

Type something quick and short ,press submit and see if it works , then use the "update blog" feature , also highlight what you have written and press "copy" so if it goes tits up atleast you copied it .

I think regency crown are still trading , I believe they are something to do with farjo medical now .

Have you any pics from the last 20 years , did you lose more hair around the plugs ?

I've attached some links from Dr Feller's repair work on a few UK patients , the first is an old school plug repair the pics look like yours , I hope these help bud .

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=153828

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/746...721070773#2721070773

keep trying with the blog

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

thanks Ritchie, any idea where Spex lives or does consultations? Those pics you sent were damned impressive. That puts Feller in the lead at the moment, mainly due to the fact I could deal with someone in person, in the UK. Also, i like how up-front it is on Feller's website about pricing/fees.

I dont have any photos from the past 20 years, not that i can re-collect, but i will think harder. Regards the other ?, I lost all hair from around the plugs. When i had the op done i was only thinning and 2 years later i only had the plugs.

Thanks for the technical advice and i will get round to that soon. I had a consultation with Farjo recently and saw regency crown next door. I was filled with many mixed emotions, although it was regency crown in london i had it, not manchester.

One disappointment i have from that experience 20 years ago is that i never went back after the ht's. I knew they would want 1000's more and i felt conned and stupid already. Its not like they would say 'oh sorry we under-estimated your hair-loss, let us give you some free treatment'.

I have no intention of draggin their name through the mud, it was a long time ago.

thanks Ritchie, any idea where Spex lives or does consultations? Those pics you sent were damned impressive. That puts Feller in the lead at the moment, mainly due to the fact I could deal with someone in person, in the UK. Also, i like how up-front it is on Feller's website about pricing/fees.

I dont have any pho

Originally posted by andyuk:

I dont have any pho

You should send him a PM and he'll contact you. Use the search above and type in Spex or Dr. Feller and I'm sure you can find some of his posts. Then go to his profile page and Private Message him.

I think you had permanent shock-loss around those large plugs, and I think I had it to back in 1991. I too noticed a rapid thinning after getting the transplant. Today's FU grafts don't come with that loss as the larger ones.

Anyway, good luck.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

hey andy

Glad I helped a little , even though your scars and plug look por compared to todays standards thats what you got 20 years ago and they did suceed in moving hair from one part of your scalp and making it grow after transplantation so in that respect you could argue it was a sucess for the eighties .

Tubs recently met with spex , here is a link to his meeting , not sure were he is in the UK , it may be worth pming him like dewayne suggested .

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=149059

good luck bud

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

hey andy quick question

Just rereading your post and I'm confused by

I had a consultation with Farjo recently and saw regency crown next door. I was filled with many mixed emotions, although it was regency crown in london i had it, not manchester.

I believed , from dr farjo's explanation a while back on this forum , that farjo and regency crown were the same company , how come you went next door , did you have two consults , how does that work , and did you pay for them both ???

Bill may know and clear this up , Bill ?

a confused richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

andyuk

put up some pics and see how different docs would address this. you may get several approaches. if you do, put up the plug scars AND your donor area.

dr. lindsey mclean va

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians