Rogaine Shampoo??

DOes anyone know if there is a product like Rogaine that you apply as a shampoo? This would only make logical sense to me that when we all take showers in the morning to have a shampoo that helps rid of DHT.

Is there anything like that on the market?

Thanks

DOes anyone know if there is a product like Rogaine that you apply as a shampoo? This would only make logical sense to me that when we all take showers in the morning to have a shampoo that helps rid of DHT.

Is there anything like that on the market?

Thanks

I believe Rogaine does make a shampoo, but as far as I understand, it does not help block DHT, because Minoxodil itself is not designed to do that. It has been suspected, however, that Nizoral shampoo does that and some people swear by it. I wouldn't use it more than 2, maybe 3 days a week, however, because it can dry your hair/scalp out.

Bill

Hi

Bill they do, it's called Progaine or something but it doesnt do anything or claim to re grow hair. It is just for thinning hair and it's gentle.. It's Ok but nothing great. Stick with Bills advice.. Use the Niz and then a shampoo than moisturizes.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I heard of a product out there called Nano Shampoo, made by Dr.Proctor, it is supposed to be a natural form of minoxidil in shampoo form. I do not know much about it, but hear people on different forums think it is very good.

• 7 months later...

Congatulations Bill for becoming the co-moderator! It's been a while since I posted here. But I have a question.

I recently tried using an aloe vera shampoo with minoxidil. At first, it dried up certain portions of my scalp, specifically the area around my ears and forehead. The areas started to peel. I guess the shampoo is strong. I also leave the shampoo on for approximately 3 minutes before rinsing it off, and I use it twice daily.

I just continued using the shampoo though. My scalp was able to adapt to the shampoo because I no longer experience dryness. But is it a good idea to leave the shampoo on? Or should I rinse it off immediately?

I am not experiencing any hairfall. I also take Propecia daily. I started taking the pill approximately 4 months ago after my 2nd session.

Is it OK if I keep using the shampoo? Or should I just stick with using Propecia only? Thanks for you time. Congrats again!

Bill, I have a quick follow up question. Should I just stop using the aloe vera shampoo with minoxidil? I am worried that if I can't get any more shampoo with minoxidil, or I decide later on to stop using it, that my good and transplanted hair will fall off over time..

I guess a lot of guys are worried about this as well. Should I just rely on Propecia? Your thoughts will really help me decide. Thanks!

MrJB,

Yes, I thought Rogaine made a shampoo - never tried it to be honest.

Pao_Pao,

Yes it has been awhile since I've seen you on the forums. Welcome back my friend and thanks for the encouragement on my new position icon_smile.gif.

What is the name of the shampoo you are using? Personally, if I found the shampoo was irritating my scalp/hair, I would stop using it since as to date no shampoo is proven to regrow hair. However - make sure you use the shampoo as directed. Check the bottle but to date I haven't heard of any shampoo that you leave on the scalp after coming out of the shower. Most will say leave it in for a few minutes and then thoroughly rinse.

Regarding transplanted hair - it will not fall out, it is permanent. You do not have to use Propecia, Rogaine, or any other supplement/shampoo etc to keep it. These products are only needed to help keep native hair.

See the following Hair Loss Q&A Blog: Is Transplanted Hair Really Permanent?

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Pao_Pao,

I read on a minoxydil bottle that it has to stay on the scalp at laest for 4 hrs[not on the hair].When we apply shampoo and rinse it, it might be stay a while on hair and do not give any results.If you are using that for a long time and gives some significant result then stick for that[if you are OK with applying shampoo daily].Gud luck bro...

Luv,

Friend