All surgeons please read:

Is it possible for you to post the number of hair transplants you have done to date? You could post both number of unique patients and number of total transplants here? It might be even more helpful if you were to post number of transplants done by different methods. It would be nice to get some idea.

Is it possible for you to post the number of hair transplants you have done to date? You could post both number of unique patients and number of total transplants here? It might be even more helpful if you were to post number of transplants done by different methods. It would be nice to get some idea.

I am in another forum (regarding a surgery I had for something else) and only two surgeons responded to a similar question. We than had board members call up surgeons and ask these questions in person and then post the responses here. Can people here who have knowledeg of these statistics or who have had transplants with specific surgeons post what they know here. Am I the only person who thinks this would be useful? Especially since we are not only asking the number of total surgeries, but also the number of surgeries a surgeon has performed using all methods, including the newer follicular ones.

kilimanjaro

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt many of us have exact numbers. I would expect that I have done over 3,000 transplants. For the past 6 years I have done follicular unit transplantation on over 1,200 cases. A small percentage of them have had some slot grafts centrally but I can't remember doing any slot grafts in the past year. All grafts are prepared microscopically.

Be careful about what numbers mean. I spend 6-9 hours daily transplanting but only do one transplant per day. Others use a lot of assistants and may do 6 or more daily. That doesn't mean that they don't do good quality work, but it isn't the same. What is your definition of doing a transplant?

Dr. Parsley is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network