Has anybody tried the Laser Comb?

The laser technique is real debatable. The was a debate about it on this site that included over 100 posts, id suggest you read it if you can find it.

I am not using a laser but in my personal optional and research its probably beneficial if your also taking Rogaine and propecia, but I wouldn't count on it if its your only defense against hair loss.

Isnt Laser comb approved by FDA..If FDA has approved it to combat hair loss and if laser comb does not help, I feel the matter should be reported so that people dont feel cheated. It may be a very wierd thought but I sometimes feel companies are now trying to woo people with hair loss by providing wrong info. As it is a person who is lossing hair is emotionally disturbed..and then u have companies marketing products which then cheat people.

• Moderators
Originally posted by mrkneed:

Does it work? Is it worth buying??

It's working for me. It was worth buying. I've been using one for exactly 2 months now and I'm definately growing new and more hair.

Don't get the overpriced ones by Hairmax or Sunetics. Do a search for amazing laser brush. I got a 6 laser brush for about $129. In comparison, the Hairmax one is I think $395 and has 1 laser with a mirror to simulate several lasers which gives a reduced quality effect. The more expensive Hairmax comb has more actual lasers, but they are charging a ridiculous $600 for it.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

BeHappy can you "feel" the lasers? I'm just starting to do research on the laser therapy and while a 600 dollar brush that might not do anything I wouldn't consider, the one you recommended seems like a more cost effective gamble.

Ah I had a bit about whether they were true lasers or just LEDs designed to look like lasers, looks as though this brush is the real deal, but people seem to not be too gung ho on them around here. I guess if nothing else, they'd stimulate the scalp.

Guys I would bet my bottom dollar it is a sham. There is not one credible person on here which can produces consistent documetned proof.

Save you 600 bucks

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wanthairs

ok....

Ill admit...

I have been using the lasercomb....the expensive one...got it long ago when ti first came out, before I ever heard of this or any other hairloss forum...That was back in the day when I used every single snake oil, gadget, inversion table, cleaning agents etc...

NOTHING WORKED APART FROM A HAIR TRANSPLANT !!!!

I've been using the Laser Comb off and on (mostly on) for about two years.

I can't say that I've noticed any re-growth; and I don't think that it's stopped hair from falling out. But the hair that I do have looks great- and I'm going to keep using it. Hell- I paid like $650 for the damn thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the FDA approval wording of this thing is what needs to be examined. I think it is approved for improving appearance and stimulating growth of existing hair, but never says it will grow new hair. So, if anything, take it as something that helps your existing hair but not more. on another note, it is proven by science that sunlight, and vitamin D which is produced in your skin from sunlight exposure does everything from fight cancer to improve your hair quality. not sure if that is related to the rays that come out of the comb.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure Matt got it free too and his hair looks average at best

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

A laser comb is not a hair transplant. You're not going to go from NW 4 to looking like you have a full head of hair in 9 months.

I've tried the laser comb for almost 6months. nothing worked for me. Its just waste of 345 $

HT is the only real solution

OK, so tell me... are you using minoxidil or propecia? I see too many posts about how laser combs don't work from people who use minox or propecia and admit they don't see much or any growth from those, but keep using them because surely they must be halting or at least slowing their hairloss. Well if that's fine for minoxidil and propecia, why is it so bad if a laser comb does the same? Wouldn't it actually be better because there's no side effects with a laser comb? Do you people have to have side effects to believe something is working? I don't get it. Can someone explain this to me?

I've been using a laser comb for almost 6 months now and I've gotten more growth with the laser comb, propecia, nizoral combination than I ever had with anything I tried in the last 22 years INCLUDING some of my HT procedures.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Originally posted by BeHappy:

A laser comb is not a hair transplant. You're not going to go from NW 4 to looking like you have a full head of hair in 9 months.

I've tried the laser comb for almost 6months. nothing worked for me. Its just waste of 345 $

HT is the only real solution

OK, so tell me... are you using minoxidil or propecia? I see too many posts about how laser combs don't work from people who use minox or propecia and admit they don't see much or any growth from those, but keep using them because surely they must be halting or at least slowing their hairloss. Well if that's fine for minoxidil and propecia, why is it so bad if a laser comb does the same? Wouldn't it actually be better because there's no side effects with a laser comb? Do you people have to have side effects to believe something is working? I don't get it. Can someone explain this to me?

I've been using a laser comb for almost 6 months now and I've gotten more growth with the laser comb, propecia, nizoral combination than I ever had with anything I tried in the last 22 years INCLUDING some of my HT procedures.

I'vent had any improvement at all with laser comb and thats the fact. I kept losing hair. I havent tried it with Minoxidil or anyother drug. It simply didnt work for me. The price tag on it is also very high to call it really worth and I've not seen any genuine results to belive lasercomb works. people use Propecia whether it works or not, because the application of it is very simple unlike lasercomb.