Applying minoxidil before taking a shower

Matt Skiba

I remember reading about a few people who say they apply minoxidil before they take a shower. What I'm wondering is if this is effective at all. I know that some preparations contain retinoic acid (Retin-A) that is supposed to help make it absorb better. So is there anyone who does it this way and if it reduces effectiveness at all?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe you mean right after a shower; I heard your scalp is more permeable then so the minoxidel is better absorbed; you need to make sure your scalp isn't wet or it will dillute the minoxidil; I don't use minoxidil so I do not know first hand but I remember reading threads about it.

Has to be after a shower as the shower would rinse off the minoxidil

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 4 weeks later...

Hair loss could be due to many causes, inherited, being number one. Other reasons include certain drugs, hormonal modifies, treatments, salty water; for bathing and for drinking, makeup and dandruff. Men are more suffering from hair loss as compared to women. Hair loss will be in men and not in women due to genetic reasons.

I think right after a shower makes sense since your pores will be open from the hot water. The only problem I had with it is that it leaves my hair too greasy. I do think I had some efect using it that way though. The routine is tiresome.

NoBuzz