Worried - Sunlight too soon??

steves

I have had five transplants, I just had my last one about 4 to 5 weeks ago, this past weekend I was walking around in the city for about an hour or so, in and out of clouds and sun, it was about 60 degress here in Chicago, should I worry at all about damage, I completely forgot to wear a hat, but I still think the sun wasn't too strong, how can I tell if damage has occured

I have had five transplants, I just had my last one about 4 to 5 weeks ago, this past weekend I was walking around in the city for about an hour or so, in and out of clouds and sun, it was about 60 degress here in Chicago, should I worry at all about damage, I completely forgot to wear a hat, but I still think the sun wasn't too strong, how can I tell if damage has occured

Steves,

I have a friend that got a transplant a few years before me and he went deep sea fishing one month after his second procedure. He forgot to wear a hat and the top of his head got pretty fried. After the sunburn passed, he looked normal. So I wouldn't be worried about it, just make sure to use sunscreen or a hat next time - just in case.

thanks Joe, I feel a little better about it, considering your friend sounds like he was in the sun 3 or 4 times longer than I was, because my head wasn't fried, but I will be catious over the next two months....