HT, FUE, buzzing hair down

rsanders36

I've been contemplating buzzing my hair down to a stubble. Two things I'm worried about. First, the bumps that everyone talks about. It's been a year since my HT and I'm curious how noticeable they will be. I had 1000 graphs done. Second, is the scar. I assume it would be noticable. I think I'm comfortable buzzing my hair down, but would like to keep a stubble look. I've head FUE can cover the scar. Anyone know of a good FUE doctor in the midwest? Made the mistake of using MHR the first time. Also, do you not require as much hair to have a normal look when buzzing it down? My fear is that buzzing my down would make the top look bad. I would say just the very front of my hair line is thinning, with some receding at the temple. Any help or experiences you guys could share would be great!

I've been contemplating buzzing my hair down to a stubble. Two things I'm worried about. First, the bumps that everyone talks about. It's been a year since my HT and I'm curious how noticeable they will be. I had 1000 graphs done. Second, is the scar. I assume it would be noticable. I think I'm comfortable buzzing my hair down, but would like to keep a stubble look. I've head FUE can cover the scar. Anyone know of a good FUE doctor in the midwest? Made the mistake of using MHR the first time. Also, do you not require as much hair to have a normal look when buzzing it down? My fear is that buzzing my down would make the top look bad. I would say just the very front of my hair line is thinning, with some receding at the temple. Any help or experiences you guys could share would be great!

• 2 weeks later...

How far down would you like to buzz your head? To some, buzzing is using no guard, but others regard shaving with up to a #3 guard as buzzing.

I find that I can go down to a #2 with no noticeable visible signs of the scar from casual glances. Very close inspection will reveal it. If I go with a #3, one would have to part the hair to find it.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

I currently shave the back and sides down to a 2.5 and it isnt noticeable. I assume anymore and it would be. I'm also considering having FUE placed in the scar area. How many graphs would this take? When I said shaved down too I was refering to something like a 5 oclock shadow. No guard. Will FUE placed in the scar area cover this up or no? I was hoping to do a 500 grpah procedure using 150 or so to cover up the scar, and then to have the remainign 350 placed in the front temple area for a little more density. Any good docotors in Chicago to recommend? Also, I cannot really feel the scar at all but shaving it down that short (no guard) will it show that much? It seems everyone is unique and the only way to find out is to do it. I did see a pic of a guy who had FUE placed in the scar and he shaved his down without using a guard and it looked great. Another thing I'm worried about is the "bumps" where MHR placed the graphs. Will these be noticeable. It's been about 16 months but someone mentioned that they use mini-graphs and they might show a little. Also, since I only had 1000 graphs done, they did a single strip. Any feedback or advice is greatly appreciated guys.

Hey finallyfree. Thanks for the pics. I think your buzz cut looks great. How do you think it would look if you grew it out some? On the top front, my hair has probably thinned out to 50%. I dont think too mnay people have noticed except me. When it gets cut too short, I think its more noticeable. When I use to put products in it, I think one might be able to tell. In the sunlight, I can see through it and see my scalp. I'm curious how mine would look but am still too scared to take the plunge. I think I would also like to have FUE done to fill in the scar. I dont think my scar is too bad as it is so I'm thinking 200 or so would suffice. Also, would did your work? Thanks again for the info/help!

Originally posted by rsanders36:

Hey finallyfree. Thanks for the pics. I think your buzz cut looks great. How do you think it would look if you grew it out some? On the top front, my hair has probably thinned out to 50%. I dont think too mnay people have noticed except me. When it gets cut too short, I think its more noticeable. When I use to put products in it, I think one might be able to tell. In the sunlight, I can see through it and see my scalp. I'm curious how mine would look but am still too scared to take the plunge. I think I would also like to have FUE done to fill in the scar. I dont think my scar is too bad as it is so I'm thinking 200 or so would suffice. Also, would did your work? Thanks again for the info/help!

rsanders36,

I like my hairline now.

Thanks for your appreciative comments.

I prefer not to bring the name of my doctor as the discussion forums sometimes get to political.

Suffice to say that he is not from USA and is, maybe, one of the few doctors with lots of fue cases to his credit.

I think many times we people with hairloss tend to focus on the skin that shines through rather than the hair that are there.

Care to share some pictures of your hairloss?

I do not have pictures of what my 7500 grafts look like grown out.

But I do have one of what it looks like when I had 6000 grafts growing.

That was before I shaved for my latest Ht.

I think it will look denser than before when all the hair grow in.

Here's the picture.

4962b4c8.jpg

835dc41c.jpg

7500 grafts till now. All by Dr. Arvind/Dr.A, New Delhi.

They include strip FUHT, FUE and body hair grafts.

Hoping to accomplish full hair restoration.