Didn't take?

I know better than this, but now I also know what others have felt and posted about not seeing any growth. And, although I do know I'm going to ask it anyway.....

I'm three months and don't see any growth! Is it possible my transplant didn't take?

I'm only kidding because I've heard and read it all, but it gives me a greater appreciation of some of the desparate posts at the 3 - 6 month mark. I'm sorta depressed for sure, though. I thought a week ago that I saw my crown shrinking but now I think I'm getting some shock loss in my front hairline area.

The next technology needs to be speeding up this growth process by about three or four months, imo....

Now, back to work (and waiting).....

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I know better than this, but now I also know what others have felt and posted about not seeing any growth. And, although I do know I'm going to ask it anyway.....

I'm three months and don't see any growth! Is it possible my transplant didn't take?

I'm only kidding because I've heard and read it all, but it gives me a greater appreciation of some of the desparate posts at the 3 - 6 month mark. I'm sorta depressed for sure, though. I thought a week ago that I saw my crown shrinking but now I think I'm getting some shock loss in my front hairline area.

The next technology needs to be speeding up this growth process by about three or four months, imo....

Now, back to work (and waiting).....

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Dewayne,

I know exactly how you feel! Even when your mind tells you that you know you have to be patient and wait it out, you start to experience some anxiety wondering if you will really experience growth. In my experience, at just only 3 months, I had less hair than what I started with due to excessive shock loss so I was really worried.

Your emotions are certainly normal, but remember the process - new hair starts to grow typically between 3 to 5 months and then slowly grows (at different rates), thickens, and matures over the next year or so.

Give it time my friend and remember that you were in good hands icon_smile.gif

Best wishes,

Bill

D

Do a search and look for a thread I did regarding the 12 months of waiting for a HT

It will let you know the varous thoughts going through your head over the next year

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Dewayne,

I was an early sprouter. The very first ones popped through just 3 weeks post op. Even though, at 4.5 months I still have new ones coming in. So apparently, even for early sprouters some hairs don't start popping out until much later.

For what it's worth the hairline was the first to come in, and the latest (slow) ones are more towards the top of the scalp.

Originally posted by PLEASE GROW PLEASE:

Remember you said even if it doesnt grow your experience was great. icon_wink.gif

I have since changed my mind on that....

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week