Removing transplanted hair?

Hi,

Just a general question. I have never had a hair transplant but I have seen many pictures of revisions of old transplants and some of these patients end up with scars after the transplanted hair is surgically removed. Now can't these hairs be taken out by other methods such as laser hair removal or electrolysis?

I had read on-line about a man who had this done (didn't see any pictures). I don't know if he had plugs or grafts. But with grafts assuming that they will act and look exactly like the rest of your hair, shouldn't other methods of hair removal be possible?

Dear Sonia,

You and Bill are right. There should be no reason why Laser Hair Removal shouldn't work. Are you also stating that they had the original transplanted completely removed without doing an additional corrective hair transplant? This is just me asking so maybe I can take a look into this myself. I assumed that, in the case of hair plugs, they were just altered and then camouflaged with new transplanted hair afterwards. But back to the original question, electrolysis / laser hair removal should work the same way for sure. Just a few treatments and you have a 70%+ chance the follicles and roots are comepletely gone. Hope I'm of help in some way...

Reyes

Medical Assistant to Dr. Parsa Mohebi

"ALL COMMENTS ARE MY OWN AND FOR THE SOLE USE OF EDUCATION AND UNDERSTANDING UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED"

This man had a transplant and had very poor yield, only one side grew in. I dunno who he went to or how this happened. I was curious to know myself, I just read it on the hair tell forum. But according to some electrologists on there they regularly remove transplanted hair. I think that the "blend" electrolysis would probably yield the best result as this is easier on the skin with a better kill rate than the thermolysis. Anyhow, thanks for the additional information icon_smile.gif.