How could i possibly end up nw 6, 7???

i'm almost 21(prpecia 6 months, shedding gotten worse), diffuse thinner almost nw5a(the type where you notice it really bad when your hair is wet, but when its dry and not in intense direct light its almost unnoticable), my dad is 53, just beginning to have minor thinning in the front, and no one else in my family ever loss their hair, my maternal grandpa had his hair untill he was like 55 too untill he thinned. my brother is almost 20 and he has a full thick head of hair. the only possible reason i can come up w is the past two years i ve had some really stressful situations and had a scalp surgery(mole). i just dont get it!

--if i do have accelerated hairloss from these stressful events and surgery, is there a chance it will it stop before nw 6,7, even if im still young, or am i doomed??

BTW thanks all on this site for the info, its nice to talk with people that are going through or gone through what i am!

propecia .5mg 7x

revita shampoo 5x

multi vitamin 7x

saw palmetto 7x

not really sure what to say to this one.

can you elaborate a little more on the "stressful events" and the "scalp surgery"?

Scalp Surgery: if it was merely a mole removal, I would SERIOUSLY doubt it affected your hair in any way. Unless it was one big ASS mole.

Stress: while stress can accelerate hair loss, I would be hard pressed to believe that it has caused a tremendous difference.

I have been dealt a couple very stressful blows, yet my hair loss seems to be very slow/stable.

If there was any difference--an acceleration as a result of these stressful events-- I didn't notice.

Family History: at BEST this serves as merely an indicator/general guideline for hair loss. MPB could skip generations and show up down the family tree anywhere. There are no decisive indicators from family ancestry (i.e. my mother's brother is bald, so I will be to).

You say that when your ..."hair is dry and not in intense direct light it's almost unnoticable"...

That doesn't sound too severe, but being only 21 I can see your serious stress over it.

Care to post some pics?

Do you have any thinning in the crown?

Other members of your age have had ht(s'); see Than...Awry who is 22.

It's impossible to say; though decent conjectures can be made.....a doctor with a keen, knowing eye...checking for miniaturization...can be solid prognosticators.

My "guess" is that the mentioned stressors have, perhaps, accelerated your genetic disposition towards hair loss (FWIW, I am quite confident that this happened to me)....I would be very surprised if it was the sole cause for your loss....BUT, you should go see a good dermatologist or a respected ht-doc to really see what's up.

Also, when did you start noticin your loss? I would post some clear pics on the forum and you can get some better opinions on your current loss and what it might mean....if you are really a NW5, etc.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

thanks for the replies-

i do have signifigant miniturization pretty much all over the top,(besides the front tuft. the mole removal surgery was pretty big and required a pretty big scar to remove, it was wierd because i always had thin hair, but i only just started shedding about one month after the surgery and havnt stopped since(6 months out, 6 months on propecia).

i am definately balding, seen two derms, two ht docs, but i just dont understand the severity of it. Im shedding like crazy and at this point it seems like ill be bald on top in 3 years.

propecia .5mg 7x

revita shampoo 5x

multi vitamin 7x

saw palmetto 7x

about the pics- how would you recommend i take them? flash/ no flash? and my hair is long right now so it covers it up better. the front of the crown is just begging to thin.

propecia .5mg 7x

revita shampoo 5x

multi vitamin 7x

saw palmetto 7x