Congrats to Pat

Hoping

I doubt too many people could elect to start a website and gain so much credibility that the best physicians in a given field are honored to be part of his "coalition". That can only come from hard work, decency and integrity. If the members and visitors here did not have respect for the informatin posted, either would the physicians who so much want to be part of it.

I doubt too many people could elect to start a website and gain so much credibility that the best physicians in a given field are honored to be part of his "coalition". That can only come from hard work, decency and integrity. If the members and visitors here did not have respect for the informatin posted, either would the physicians who so much want to be part of it.

• Administrators

Hoping,

Thank you for your very kind comment. I take the trust that people place in me and this community very seriously. This community has served hair loss sufferers and top physicians well over the years.

If I can earn and keep the respect of well informed forum members like you then I'm on the right track. You guys keep me and the doctors on our toes, because ultimately we are accountable to this community.

My commitment to this community is to keep the standards for physicians presented on this community very high. None of us want second best. So by all of us demanding and expecting the very best, physicians will know that they need to provide excellent work that holds up under close scrutiny if they are to earn our respect and patronage.

Thanks again for perhaps the best and most meaningful compliment I've ever gotten.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

At first I too had concerns, and I expressed these privately to Pat, because the site is doctor sponsored, and in truth that means that it is not a truly independent ombudsman.

However, if the site wasn't run honestly it would become obvious very quickly, and furthermore, I've come to understand that given the often rough environment of an Intenet discussion area, having a place where doctors feel they'll get a fair shake even when the bullets start to fly (metaphorically) makes sense.

I would add the caveat however, that if you don't use the Interent to hunt around elsewhere and back up your research here, that you haven't done all your homework. I don't think that Pat would disagree with that, and I certainly don't intend it to detract from what I otherwise hope is a complimentary message, if a pragmatic one.

cheers,

mark h

I whole heartedly agree. Pat what you have helped created is a godsend to many. By maintaining this forums integrity you have provided hundreds of hairloss sufferers a life saving resource now and into the future.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

I'll add my $.02,

Pat, what you've given back those suffering with hair loss is immeasurable. I have the utmost repect for you and the way you manage the forum. From my prospective, you have been very honest, objective and unbiased with the information you provide and the Surgeons who are recommended here. Integrity and accountability are key to the success of this forum..................kudos to you for your unwaivering commitment to maintaining a forum such as this!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

After my 2nd HT I have been going through some shock loss and was searching desperately for support and answers. Your forum really helped me. I posted my issues and immediatly the guys on this site reached out giving support and advice. Its exactly what I needed to get through those tough days. Thanks Pat, and thanks to all those who keep this site going. We must stick together..

Even though I'm rather new to this forum, or any HT site for that matter, I'd like to put my two cents worth regarding Pat's site. I first met Pat about 8 years ago as we were walking into the same clinic in Minesota. If my memory serves me correctly, Pat was first hired to take videos of our procedures. Taking videos for a few days was the extent of his HT research. I remember the mild mannered Pat having high anxiety about the whole process as he was about to go through his first HT procedure. There really wasn't much of a support system availble which were deemed a patient advocate site. After his procedure, he was a new man who wanted to share his experience to the world. I'd safely say he's reached at least one of his goals.

Through the years, I've found our patients to be more and more knowledgable with realistic expectations, which makes our job easier. The knowledge, in part, comes from this site with many regular members willing to help others by sharing their opinions and experiences. I know it's helped me get a better understanding of the goals and expectations of our patients. So, THANK YOU to Pat and to all those who have contributed on this site.