My one month post op pics

Billydett

Nothing is going to grow at one month. After surgery the grafts seem like they may be growing for a couple days or even weeks. Usually they fall out, and then you go into a 3 month dormant phase, where it seems like nothing is happening.

You're probably in the dormant phase now.

Did your doctor explain this to you already?

Billydett,

Arfy is right. At 1 month post-op you should be looking pretty much exactly like you did pre-op. You may have a few transplanted hairs that didn't shed hanging on, but that's about it.

You should start really sprouting around month 4 or 5. Before that, it's difficult to assess what is going on up there.

Do you have any photos of the area directly post-op?

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 3 weeks later...

My doctor did not really explain about the dormant phase. The nurse said the hairs will start to grow in at 4 months, and get thicker by 6 months. Sorry I have no 1 day post op pics, but I will be taking pics each month to monitor any progress.

Ey man, Your hair loss looks very simular to the hair loss I have. How old are you and I am assuming from the lions thing your from michigan so were did you go and what did it cost.

ps. I love the lions but the sucked aginst the bears.

hey billy! wow im getting my hair tranplant in june of next year but i think mine is gonna be a larger amount of grafts, so it was 1297 graftsn yours wow! very cool, so how much money was that? and does like the prioce of the grafts include the doctors fee and all that? ,because i really have no idea thanx for any info take care and congrats on your procedure!

Keep posting because i will be watching very closly in the comming months because this is about the same thing i need. So dont disapear. Your grafs werent terably expensive. They were abou 4.6 each wich isnt crazy. I could be wrong tho and if i am they will let you know.

You know what Billy I think having a transplant in your case was a mistake. I mean come on your a Lions fan for crying out loud. Watching them will have you hair falling out all over again!

HA HA HA

But in all seriousness your looking good!

• 4 weeks later...

At this point I am not sure. I do believe taht I am growing very small thin hairs. I did experience shock loss in the donor area mostly but it has stopped. As they said, month 4 is when it is supposed to start sprouting, and its upward from there and thats what I hope happens. It can be nerve racking so I try not to let it get to me and just hope for the best I am not sure if you can tell too much from these pics? Do you believe there is any difference in month1 and 3?

• 1 month later...