Rogaine Foam or Generic Minox.

Janna

If you've tried both and noticed a difference, can you please state what the effects it had on you?

"Foam - easier to apply, less irritating and appears to penetrate skin better."

We have a patient who tried the foam for couple months and was getting great effects from it, but then decided to try the generic brand (cheaper) with adverse effects. He said his skin burned and lost all the new growth. He feels like he's worse off than when he first began taking the meds as he now has to wait for all the redness and irritation to subside before getting back on foam. Lesson learned: don't go the cheaper route in this instance. I'm sure the degree in which the generic brands effect your skin varies from patient to patient.

Great thread Janna.

I have not tried both but I recently received an email from a "foam" user that stated it made his hair greasy and sticky.

From my experience however, the Rogaine (and generic minoxidil) liquid made my hair greasy and hard to style.

Most users I have talked to like the foam better overall but I agree with KulMD, it is seemingly still more expensive and I can see how it would run out faster.

But I'd love to hear more input from other members who HAVE used both to give a comparision from experience.

Bill

Thanks for your input, Bill. I've only gotten positive feedback from foam users so far. I think if the foam is used once at night, you still benefit without having to deal with styling issues during the day.

HT55,

I was able to pull your pictures from our files. The two meds have had tremendous effect on you! icon_smile.gif From what I can tell by the pictures and I just spoke with Matt, the number of grafts needed for your next transplant will adjust accordingly due to new growth. I don't see why we cannot accommodate your wish to keep your hairs longer. Can you email me? janna@shapiromedical.com so we can discuss details. Thanks.

Guest eyebrow

I believe I had good results with 5% minoxidil liquid w/pg with no problems until I used another product that caused senstivity to everything! Sad to give up the minox... I am going to try the foam and will let you know how that goes with the sensitivity. Just for comparison on that basis.

Eyebrow,

You're using minox on your eyebrows? My understanding was that you're looking to get your eyebrows enhanced, didn't know if you also suffered from female hair loss as well.

Guest eyebrow

Minoxidil is being promoted all over the internet - and TV (Oprah, Tyra Banks) for women looking to jump-start eyebrow regrowth by stimulating the follicles' return to the anagen phase. (Like after a HT.) I have also read of men experiencing increased eyebrow growth when they start minox.

My unnecessary eyebrow "loss" started with a "professional" who destroyed my eyebrows with a tweezers. I talked to my dermatologist about using it before I tried minoxidil and I do think it helped regrow parts but not all. I tried to find a shape to compensate for what was damaged and things got worse... In any case, I know my top hairs do not regrow and that's the main shape and what I want the HT for. I was using the minoxidil to see what growth I might still get elsewhere. It can take a year to regrow an eyebrow hair depending on what stage its tweezed. Sadly, some just never come back even after one time.