Vin Diesels Hair Stuble - How has it improved??

nm76

So, I saw babylon and noticed that vin diesels scalp appears to be covered by stubble. I've noticed this in another movie a while back too. But here's the thing, I'm sure I have seen him in other movies and just general pictures, where its pretty clear that he doesn't have hair on the top and some loss at the crown. Sure if its been freshly shaved you'd have a pretty smooth look all over the scalp. But what I've seen in older movies/pics that he has a halo (if you will) of stubble there is the appearance of a hair line - sides and back but nothing on top. Now in babylon he apparently has an entire scalp of stubble.

Am I seeing this wrong? If not, and since I've never used nor read about them - is this something concealers help with ?

Okay, to illustrate the point - check out these two pictures (sure perhaps its not the halo, i mentioned earlier, but you can see an area beyond the hair line, where quite evidently it looks like there is no hair):

diesel-vin-photo-vin-diesel-6205863.jpg

vin_diesel_4.jpg

So I'm wondering, if there is some kind of concealer or whatever it is, which can give the look we see in the third picture (post previous to this one). Sure the hair is slightly more grown (longer), but its not at a length to give that much coverage is it?

Im sure whoever took the shots and made the movie probably used some digital jiggarapokerry to give Vin that filled in look.

Vin Diesel definitely is getting a bit thin on top

but hes got that chiseled look and buff bod that can carry it off.