Six Months Post Op : 5000 BHT by Dr Arvind

topshiny

I am enclosing my latest pictures, which have been taken six months after my 5000 BHT. The hair growth so far has been very satisfying. My front and side profiles have improved considerably. I knew that very few BHTs were attempted earlier on this scale and was therefore slightly apprehensive initially. However, the test patch of 700 BHT that I did prior to going in for full scale BHT, allayed some of these apprehensions. After six months, I can confidently say that I had taken the correct decision.

The body hair has merged well with the original scalp hair. The minor scars on the body have healed. At most places, there is no trace that any hair extraction was done. The best part is that there is NO tell tale sign on the scalp to indicate that an HT has ever been done!!

2271072192_Six_Month_Post_Op_Front_View.JPG?ts=45A61FF4&key=57EA2F810C7B1D02B20C53F1B56A5C5B&referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fhair-restoration-info.com%2Feve%2Fforums%2Fa%2Fga%2Ful%2F3271072192%2FSix_Month_Post_Op_Front_View.JPG

I intend to go in for more BHT over the next six months. I have consulted my Doctor and we feel that it would be a better proposition to go in for smaller sessions more frequently, rather than go in for a mega session now. The main aim is to space out the hair growth cycles.

My four months post op details

I would like to thank all fellow bloggers, who have shown keen interest in my case and have given their valuable suggestions and encouragement. I will be posting my progress regularly on this site.

Six_Month_Post_Op_Front_View_4.jpg.312a6c72866d09fd5932455ac49644a6.jpg

With Best Wishes

Top Shiny

http://www.hairlossweblogs.com/home-page.asp?WebID=83

700 BHT on 30 Sep 05 by Dr Arvind

5000 BHT from 05 to 09 Jul 06 by Dr Arvind

Thanks for the post. I'm curious as to why you chose BHT over FUE or strip? It appears from the photos that you do still have a relatively decent donor area to at least start with. So far it does look like a lot of the hairs are growing, but what % would you estimate have taken? Ofcourse this is merely an uneducated guess from a couple of pics but I would have to estimate 60%.

I'm an inquisitive person by nature so I started with the questions but I do want to state that I am happy for you and it does look like with some more work there will be a dramatic change. Good luck.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Dear Nelly,

I chose BHT over FUE or strip for two reasons. First, I did not want to harvest from a resource which is already depleting at a rapid rate, especially when I have abundant body hair. Secondly, I did not want any tell tale signs on my scalp, least of all a scar. Reduction of unwanted body hair is ofcourse a welcome outcome!

Some of the follicles are still sprouting - so at this juncture I will not be able to accurately give out the yield. A rough guess would be 70% and still growing!

Thank you for your good wishes.

With Best Wishes

Top Shiny

http://www.hairlossweblogs.com/home-page.asp?WebID=83

700 BHT on 30 Sep 05 by Dr Arvind

5000 BHT from 05 to 09 Jul 06 by Dr Arvind

Topshiny,

Thanks for the update on your progress. Though BHT is still in it's infant stages in many ways, it does appear it has progressed and some people have had good results with it. From what I've read, BHT takes longer to grow in that strip or FUE, so if all goes well, you should have more growth. 60% at 6 months sounds about right anyway for normal FUT. It's obvious from your pics that not all 5000 grafts have started to grow yet. Hopefully you'll see more results as time goes on. Keep us posted.

Bill