time to say hello.

Bverotti,

I'd like to address your points. The first two are a tit for tat where either can harvest the same numbers at the very least but # 3 is interesting.

"3. Going strip first will undoubtably mean that any larger FUE session will unveal your strip scar. Nomatter if it is 1 mm wide or larger it will scream 'hair transplant' and will impossible to hide if you can not wear a hat or cap for about a month."

A few weeks ago, on Hairsite, you said that the max for FUE was about 3000 grafts before the donor area became noticeably thinned. It would make sense, based on your own words, that strip would be the best route to go first because there is no threat of donor thinning at this same number or even double that number and higher. Obviously this depends on donor density for both cases but the advantage I believe is clear.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hi Jo,

Maybe I reffered to an individual case about the 3000 grafts. However I believe 4000-5000 FUE are possible on the average donor area before thinning kicks in. I read on some boards that 10000 FUE is possible on average scalp, however I think that is BS.

My comment was about hiding the strip scar being impossible immediately after a large FUE session. Since we need to shave all any scar will show like hell during the first month or so. Afterwards it would still be covered by hair that gets longer. Many patient find this problem a very big obstacle since they have been hiding their HT altogether.

I would agree with hairbank. Gazza should not toch the crown for now. The frontal area looks very good and I would hesitate at this point to do a HT.

BV

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

Hairbank, Bverotti,

Thanks for your feedback which I will take on board, its always good to get others opinions. You are probably correct regarding leaving the crown for now and I would rather have the temples filled in and strengthened.

I guess a lot will depend on Dr. Fellers recommendations on the day of surgery.

Hi Bverotti,

I would be interested in knowing more about the FUE that your clinics are performing as those graft numbers are remarkable. Can you post some pics and provide further details regarding the procedure in terms of extraction method, punch used & size. The more info the better. Thanks

"Plan for the worst & hope for the best"

Today is a pretty "normal" FUE surgery day. dr. De R. is doing the surgery, starting at 8:30.

He finished extracting 1561 FUE grafts by 12:20. Transection was 27 grafts (please note that transected grafts are most likely not destroyed and will produce hair again).

Punch size used was 0.75 mm all the way.

Graft count >

122 4 hair grafts

202 3 hair grafts

910 2 hair grafts

327 1 hair grafts

Please note that no grafts where split after extraction.

We expect the implanters to finish by around 17:00

Apart from the surgeon we have a team of 4 assistants. 2 are helping during the morning, 2 "fresh" assistants come in at lunchtime and take care of the implantwork.

Greetz

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

Thanks for the info Bverotti, certainly sounds like your clinic is routinely doing large FUE megasessions. I know Pat was planning a visit during his tour of Europe and will be good to get Pat's feedback on his return.

Would be great if you could post pics of immediately post op, donor & final results if you have them available. Maybe on another thread?

"Plan for the worst & hope for the best"