The wait

I had my first hair transplant on February 14th, 2008 (my Valentines Day gift to myself) and - fellow friends - the wait SUCKS!

I bet that the first one is always the toughest, eh hair transplant vets?!

I had my first hair transplant on February 14th, 2008 (my Valentines Day gift to myself) and - fellow friends - the wait SUCKS!

I bet that the first one is always the toughest, eh hair transplant vets?!

Yes-

No question about it, the wait SUCKS! However, you KNOW they'll be popping, it's just a matter of when.

I think the most theraputic thing for me while waiting for the grafts to grow was just helping others on the forum. I really enjoyed giving back.

So, I encourage you to stay involved and help others with the information you've learned researching your HT.

Happy growing..............oh, and I"m going to be behind each of you as I'm going in for HT #3 this Thursday icon_biggrin.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I was actually thinking about this very subject today and I am not 100% sure. As time passed, it seems that I have lost some of them, but I didn't take a photo and can't say for certain. I keep telling myself that it hasn't even been three months, but that doesn't make things easier!!

That said, I can feel very small, fine hairs up there which I have been told are very blond. I hope that this is a sign of good things to come!

Grow well my friend!!

Originally posted by hairbank:

Yes-

No question about it, the wait SUCKS! However, you KNOW they'll be popping, it's just a matter of when.

I think the most theraputic thing for me while waiting for the grafts to grow was just helping others on the forum. I really enjoyed giving back.

So, I encourage you to stay involved and help others with the information you've learned researching your HT.

Happy growing..............oh, and I"m going to be behind each of you as I'm going in for HT #3 this Thursday icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you and I wish you happy growing as well!

I also appreciate the fact that veterans like yourself reassure rookies like me that its going to grow!

John,

The first and second hair transplant left me very depressed between the 5th and 10th week. Not only was I waiting (somewhat impatiently I might add), but I experienced a lot of shock loss. I suppose you could say I spent a lot of time worried that it wasn't going to grow.

So yes, I can completely relate to you! But rest assured, after 3 hair transplants, all of my hair eventually did grow and I would basically be completely bald now without them.

The wait is hard, but the end result is worth it icon_smile.gif

Best wishes,

Bill

Keep in in mind too that while growth starts around 3-5 months, significant cosmetic results take at least 6-7 months and the appearance will continue to change and improve drastically up to a year and beyond.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

You guys are awesome, thanks!

Bill, This Thursday will be week nine for me and i keep looking at myself in the mirror and think to myself, "this isn't working."

Thank you all for the lesson on patience!

Bill, This Thursday will be week nine for me and i keep looking at myself in the mirror and think to myself, "this isn't working."

At least you are only thinking it and not screaming it like I was after my first surgery icon_wink.gif. Ok ok, maybe I wasn't screaming it, but I was very anxious :\

To get an idea of how you might progress, take a look at other patient pictures at your stage in the game. Feel free to click the link to my hair restoration journey below and then click on the links to my photo albums with monthly updated pictures.

Bill

"To get an idea of how you might progress, take a look at other patient pictures at your stage in the game."

This is not always the best idea because some guys might start thinking their procedure was a failure if they don't look like another guy at x months. we have seen this happen a lot recently. just keep that in mind as you peruse others' results john. and good growing to you!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Keep in in mind too that while growth starts around 3-5 months, significant cosmetic results take at least 6-7 months
Excellent point. After waiting so long for the first ones to appear, you see the first few hairs coming in and you get excited. More and more start coming in and you get used to them. You feel great about this but the next anticipation is when will all of the fine little hairs actually make a difference?

So another waiting game starts. Just when you were out of the mirror, your right back in it again scrutinizing every little hairs length, thickness, and wondering where are all the other ones that should have started growing by now? When can I take this hat off? etc..

This is not always the best idea because some guys might start thinking their procedure was a failure if they don't look like another guy at x months.

Amen. I followed Jotronic's progress my first time around and he left me in the dust and depressed. The kid's a phenom.

UNC

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog