Dr. Rahal in Ottawa

tumbleweed

Hello Tumbleweed,

Dr. Rahal did a great job on me 4 years ago. I had eyebrow transplant. He knows what he is doing and is a very nice and calm person. He will meet with you personally as well unlike some clinics where you get to meet the surgeon the day of surgery!!! Scary!

Can you tell I had eyebrow transplant?

All my best.

Lou

Louise_For_Connie.JPG.33436a0de09a414e8b83e8386a8753a5.JPG

Hi tumbleweed, i just recently had a hair transplant 2813 grafts with Dr. Rahal, he did an amazing job and im looking forward for my results, like lou said he will actually meet you in person before hand, which if you ask me should be the case everywere, i had also had a few clinics tell me that i would meet the surgeon the same day of the surgery, scary is beeing polite.... anyways im not sure exacty were he was before, as far as i know he has his own clinic in ottawa called LMC Hair Transplant the site is LMCHAIRTRANSPLANT i actully sent him some pics with his online form, he replied and we set up a few meetings, the rest is history... if you have any questions about my experience feel free to ask... i have some progress pics if you are interested its only been 12 days....

Peter

2813 grafts, Dr. Rahal January 24/2006

http://www.goingbald.ca

I don't have any information on him other than a couple of recent "results" posts to this site.

I'm curious...............any of you veteran posters have any experience with him? I seem to remember Pat posting about having a conversation with him.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• Administrators

Dr. Rahal has really built a very good reputation based on doing large cases of very refined follicular unit grafting. He has been doing hair transplantation for over ten years and does it exclusively. He also has a large staff of nine medical technicians, which enables his patients to do large mega sessions when it is appropriate.

Given his excellent track record of doing ultra refined follicular unit grafting he was just recently invited to join the Coalition. To learn more, view his profile/recommendation.

His patient photos will soon be added.

I look forward to seeing many more impressive results by him and his staff reported on this forum.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Hi Thumbleweed,i had a great experience with Dr.Rahal, i am now going on 3 weeks since my transplant and cant wait to see the results, i had 4003 grafts and it already looks great he does amazing work.

Dr.Rahal really takes care of his patients pre surgery and post surgery,i would recommend his clinic to anyone with out a doubt.

Dr.Rahal has been perfoming hair transplants in Ottawa for over 10 years.

• 1 year later...

Rahal's website is impressive, and the pics are all amazing. I have been looking at docs all over for a couple months now, and at this point Rahal seems to be in the lead for me. I have a question, though: I live far far away from his office, and would need phone/email consultation....has anyone done this with him????

How about any recent pics of their work with him??

Thanks so much!! -DD

A friend of mine is one of the team docs for the Ottawa Senators NHL hockey team and knows Dr. Rahal and has been really promoting him to me. I have ofcourse seen his website and am impressed but I have also seen several other photos that never made the site and they were equally impressive.

It is possible that it is just the pics that I have seen, but my early assessment is that he has the most skill of any physician I have seen for creating the illusion of density with few grafts. Possibly he uses more double FU's or something--I don't know, but the results are impressive.

One thing as well is that he is the least expensive of all the Coalition docs.

I personally am still leaning towards Shapiro because I need to focus on hairline refinement, but Rahal really impresses me. A lot of his 2500FU HT's seem to compare visually to many 3000+ jobs from others. I personally believe he will be the go to guy very soon.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

NN--- Yeah, Rahal does do some very nice work, to be sure.

Again, most of the patients I have viewed have very nice hairlines and density.

I don't think he does anything special or very different from other top docs, but I know he was an Armani disciple and they transplant heavily from front with less grafts toward the back. I don't know if this is creating the illusion of more hair-- I would really like to see some chaps in person to have a look-see.

Regardless of how he is getting it done, the results are impressive.

In addition, I have heard several reports that Dr. Rahal is an EXCEPTIONALLY nice man and really spends a great deal of time during his consults talking with his prospective patients.

Cost is nice bonus too!!!!

Good Observation NN!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Minus the pom pom's, lately I have been really promoting Rahal base on what I have seen and price. Let's face it, how do you argue with the quality of his resutls. He is tops.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Delawaredude

I had surgery with Dr Rahal last February (06),(my pictures are on another thread).

I had chosen him after much research and after meeting few of his patients in person. The results of those patients were very very impressive. well so impressive that i decided to go with him.

Now after a year post surgery, i am very very satisfied and like to share my results with others.

The whole experience during the surgery and all the post op care was very positive due to the attentive nature of Dr Rahal and the staff.

Having been a patient, I do like to reaffirm about what B spot wrote that Dr Rahal is an exceptionally nice and a caring doc.

Pisa,

thanks for the follow up. I am really deciding between Shapiro and Rahal at this point for some relatively minor (although HUGE to me!) work. Both seem masters of their field, and I am going to talk to both and see who I feel the most confortable with. I can't wait to not worry about this any more (my hairline that is)! Once I have to (if I have to) go behind my hairline, I am not so worried, as it just seems easier to do... so I certainly want to get the first step 100% right. Anyways, thanks, and I would love to hear any other news out there on Rahal tha we haven't yet seen. Thanks all

I think B Spot characterizes Rahal's hairline style well. If you like the dense hairline aesthetic of an Armani, Rahal's results look comparable and he seems to achieve the illusion with far fewer grafts. His approach with patients also seems more aboveboard, and patients deal directly with him rather a front-office clown like Shane at Armani's.