Most Hair Transplant Surgeons excercise habitual practices prohibited by law

john36

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John,

There is plenty of solid evidence on this forum that Dr. Haber is a world class medical professional with a proven track record of excellent results. Our Publisher Pat Hennessey even visited with and observed Dr. Haber in live surgery and was impressed with the quality of care he provides his patients. See Pat's Visit to Dr. Bob Haber's Clinic.

I think if you are going to make such defammatory remarks, you need to have just cause. And since you haven't had surgery with Dr. Haber and no very little about his practice, it appears that you are just angry because he won't support your legal case against Dr. Weiss by signing the affidavit you requested.

We understand you are upset. But you are not going to use this forum as a means to slam high esteemed doctors simply because they won't help you win your lawsuit.

Bill

john36,

If I could give offer some friendly advice? Based on your description, you could very well have received substandard care in connection with your hair transplant. The problem is, though, you have been making appointments with other transplant physicians under false pretenses. Rather than telling them up front that your primary purpose in seeking a consultation is to obtain a medical affidavit for use in your lawsuit, you are leading them to believe that you are consulting them for repair work. No one likes to be sand bagged. By trying to "catch" them evaluating your prior work negatively and then springing an attorney letter on them, you are all but guaranteeing that they will decline to provide you with the medical affidavit you seek. If you or your attorney would be honest at the outset, it might well improve your chances of obtaining the affidavit required to pursue your lawsuit. A phone call, letter, or email from your attorney to several respected transplant physicians saying that his client (you) wishes to schedule a consultation to evaluate the work that was done by your transplant physician and to obtain an affidavit of his or her medical opinion, might well bear fruit and, at the very least, would save you wasting your time and physicians' time with futile "consultations." You should be prepared to pay for the evaluation since the purpose of the consultation is not for possible treatment. Your attorney could consider dangling the carrot of the physician doing repair work for you. However, that could call into question the credibility of the physician's opinion if it were to be challenged by the lawyers representing the doctor you are accusing of medical negligence.

Just a thought. Good luck.

The problem is, though, you have been making appointments with other transplant physicians under false pretenses.

icon_smile.gifYour whole post is based on the assumption that I am/was making appointments with other transplant physicians under false pretenses?

Your assumption is wrong.There was no false pretenses.I am seeking HONEST second opinion,and also seeking repair.The fact that the doctors that I visited,first gave one opinion,and later when they learned that I (in my humble opinion) rightfully seek from them opinion was the standard of care in my case breached ,they declined,does not tell about my false pretenses does it not?It tells about something else that is false..

Look,no offenses,lawyer to be,but I had no false pretenses icon_smile.gif.And very important,lawyer to be,know this.The reason why I did not go straight forward,when I opened my mouth to speak to them saying,I am suing a doctor IS exactly because I needed their HONEST opinion.If I told them in advance about the law suit I would give them reason for bias or/and adversity.Not that I would believe or say that but someone else,who is not so convinced that all doctors have ethics.I realy wanted their so to say "virgin"opinion about my head which is not virgin any more sorta to speak in the HT vocabulary icon_smile.gifLook,you really have to try better when you want to be smart with me.I see through you.

Good nite

A phone call, letter, or email from your attorney to several respected transplant physicians saying that his client (you) wishes to schedule a consultation to evaluate the work that was done by your transplant physician and to obtain an affidavit of his or her medical opinion, might well bear fruit and, at the very least, would save you wasting your time and physicians' time with futile "consultations

Of course,if I would go that route does NOT assert that the expert will be biased.Just remember,doctors have code of ethics.That is a possible solution .

Who do you think you are?

In case you are forgetting, I run this forum and you are beginning to get on my last nerve.

If you think I'm picking on you, it's because you are making ridiculous statements that you can't back up. And these statements aren't fair to leading physicians like Dr. Haber.

You said on another thread that Dr. Haber claimed that your physician didn't breach the standard of care when he allowed technicians to select the location for harvesting the strip. Are you concluding this because he wouldn't sign something to that effect? Personally, I just don't think any physician wants to help you in a legal pursuit, but would be more than willing to help repair your work and help you get your life back.

Bill

ok Bill you are the man Bill.Sorry Bill .I will not dare speak any more.Here I promise this I wont show on the post for couple of days....then I will come back and see if you guys missed meicon_smile.gif I know you laugh at my jokesicon_wink.gif common you are don't you now?

Ok then I am off for 2-3 days so everyone cools down

I feel for you John. You are here to explain your story with your own agenda. I understand there is alot of horrible doctors out there performing bad transplants but I also know there are doctor out there changing people life for the better. If I was in your position I also would do everything in my power to f%ck the doctor that did this to me but I would also get myself repaired and try to move on with my life. Poster on here are very educated concerning hair transplant your story is quite common but we know that when you research and chose a good doctor you will get good results. You keep pushing to tell your story but we do understand and feel for you but you should consider doing something about it. I have seen people like you that have come from Italy to get repair and at the end they are so happy to get fixed and move on with there lifes. Even though I assist a clinic with translation what I am saying is my own opinion. If you think I am saying this to recruit you to come to our clinic that is not what I do. In fact if I as in a position to make a decision (which I am not) I would advise our doctor not deal with you because you seem angry and unstable.

You want to blame Bill? You have told your story many times we have read it. What would you like him to do?? Like I said posters on here are educated what you are telling us is nothing new we all understand the what the conclusions can be choosing the wrong doctors. Stop playing the blaming game and the victim and do something about it. Its too bad you did not discover this website before you had a transplant you would probaly not be in this position right now.

Take care and god bless you and your child.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Originally posted by the B spot:

Wow--a lot of information to sift through John.

I will restrict my comments to general statements overall.

It is the responsibility of a clinic to determine if practices and procedures fall within the guidelines of the law.

However, there are many aspects of cosmetic surgery that do not have "on point" laws/case precedent that specifically address practices and procedures.

Anyway, clinics who want to make sure of patients health, short and long term, will make sure they do everything in their power to ensure patient safety and satisfaction.

There are many instances of rogue consultants, mismanagement, patients who are sedated and then asked to sign paperwork, etc.... and yes, these clinics do the entire industry a disservice and horribly scar people (physically and mentally) and often leave them without recourse.

But, things ARE getting better overall (imho) and with the internet/radio/word of mouth we as patients are doing a better job of communicating our satisfaction and dissatisfaction to a larger and more receptive audience.

I personally think it is great you have taken the time to pour all of this out.

Take Care,

Jason

B-spot I never took time to reply to this.I am sorry.I made some order in my writing and made things more coherent.This is answer to your post:

You say

"It is the responsibility of a clinic to determine if practices and procedures fall within the guidelines of the law."

True.

But also,by the doctrine applied in malpractice cases,which is Respondeat superior Surgeon is responsible of all aspects of the surgery.

In other words,he is in charge.The questions asked on my post are,simplified,do you doctors brake the laws designed to protect patients from abuse.Doctors,have the responsibility,even more,duty,not to abuse patients rights.

Now,you say responsibility.

What happens when that responsibility is violated?

How does patient that rights were violated,by the Clinic and the surgeon,seek justice?

By going to Court and explaining that the clinic and/or surgeon violated his rights.

But this is the catch B-Spot.The patient needs in writing from ANOTHER doctor statement that the first doctor breached his responsibility owned to the patient.Patient needs that as a condition to get access to the Court.

What happens if HT doctors NEVER say that another HT doctor breached standard of care/responsibility toward patient?

Patient is deprived of access to the Court to present the case.

The wheel keeps turning and another victom appears....same thing...the wheel is turning...and turning....

You say this

"However, there are many aspects of cosmetic surgery that do not have "on point" laws/case precedent that specifically address practices and procedures."

You probably know that Case law/precedents apply if something is not sanctioned by normative act already (Codes,like for example Ohio revised Code).Those codes regulate by general provisions conducts of physicians.

So it doess address practices and procedures.

And precedents are hard to make in this field (HT"Industry) just because the fact that it had become industry,and it shouldn't,it is still regulated by norms that regulate medical field.

I am explaining in my post here (above) how precedant easy can be made,if abuse of the instrument affidavit of merit ,which is duty of physicians,continues.

I am all alone and little now,here,exposed.You think this exposure does not cost me great humility?

It does.

Thanks for taking time to go through my post B-Spot

No answers?

Ok.

My present purpose is to give a true and clear account of the elements of natural and civil law.

This depends on knowledge of what human nature is, of what the state is, and of what it is that we call a 'law'.

And since true knowledge gives rise to knowledge, not doubt and controversy too gives knowledge, it is obvious from the controversies,I allege, that people who have written about these topics (see links bellow)up to now, have understanding of their own subject.

1.2. Even if I am just as wrong as they are, I can do no harm, since I shall only be leaving people in their present state of doubt and dispute.

But I hope to make fewer mistakes, by not taking any principle on trust, but merely drawing people's attention to what they already know, or can know by their own experience.

When I do make mistakes, it will be because I have drawn conclusions too rashly ??” which I shall do my best to avoid.

1.3. If, on the other hand, I do reason correctly, but (which may very easily happen) I fail to win the agreement of people who are so confident of their own knowledge that they fail to consider what I say carefully enough, then the fault is not mine, but theirs.

It is my agenda here to produce my arguments, and theirs to pay attention to them.

What we usually mean by the word 'conscience' is either scientific knowledge or opinion. People say that something or other is true 'upon their conscience' but they never say this when they think it is doubtful; therefore they know, or think they know that it is true.

But when people say things 'upon their conscience', it should not be assumed that they know with certainty the truth of what they say. So it follows that the word is used by people who have an opinion, not only as to the truth of the matter, but also as to their knowledge of it.

Consequently, 'conscience', as people usually use the word, signifies an opinion, not so much about the truth of the proposition, as about their own knowledge of it, from which the truth of the proposition follows. I therefore define conscience as the opinion of evidence.

Evidence that I am not alone in what I say is this.

http://www.ocregister.com/arti...174607-board-license

look under King county

http://www.doh.wa.gov/publicat/2006_news/06-043.htm

http://www.bosleymedicalviolations.com/dadoc.htm

http://www.medbd.ca.gov/board/...08_09-30_larkin.html

http://www.eafps.org/cgi-bin/d...17_December_2004.doc

http://www.newspaperarchive.co...\49440194_clean.html

http://www.medbd.ca.gov/licens...even_sins-greed.html

http://books.google.com/books?...t&resnum=1&ct=result

there is allot more.

Now,It is of it self manifest, that the actions of Physicians and patients/customers,proceed from the will, and the will from hope (cure baldness), and fear,insomuch as when they shall see a greater good, or lesse evill,

likely to happen to them by the breach,of what legislated as patients rights and physicians conduct,by normative acts.

Then observation of the Law's,is important,as it is designed to protect patients from harm and exposure to harm.

Who wittingly violates them is justly asked,for what purpose it is done so.

I've apologized to you out in the open on another thread, so don't take this too personally.

First of all:

HTN affiliated surgeons contribute sporadically; they don't respond to most posts. People who want quick, practical information sometimes will get some replies, but I doubt that most doctors who work long hours are going to willingly engage in a legal debate over the weekend, unless it specifically involves their practice. And since the surgeons here are generally known for their superior work and ethical conduct, they probably don't feel obligated to answer questions about lackluster care, patients' rights violations, etc.

More importantly:

Since you've stated that your goal at this time is not repair, and since you've mostly ignored comments suggesting that you inquire about these options, I don't think most doctors here feel that there is much they can offer.

You are having an existential crisis. Hair transplant surgeons cannot do much for you if your focus is on interrogating them rather than getting yourself help.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

John, I just finished sifting through all the posts you have taken the time to write out.

I actually read a bit, left, thought about what you said. Came back, read the rest, left, reflected on it, made dinner ( icon_smile.gif ) and thought a little more.

As Bill said, it is difficult to understand what point you are trying to make. After thinking about it I believe you are looking for replies from physicians in the hopes you can use it in court. To me, it seems like you are baiting them to reply. If I am wrong, forgive me. I do not mean that as an accusation, it just doesn't seem like you are looking for the things others come here for. Support, advice, encouragement, assistance, suggestions, recommendations and help in general. This forum is patient driven and always has been.

You also seem really angry. I understand how you feel. Disfigured, ripped off and I understand where that comes from and read about how you've been trying to get help for that and I am truly sorry for how difficult this has been for you and how it has negatively affected your life.

Like Bill said though, I'm not sure you're in the right place to get the questions answered that you keep asking. This forum is patient driven and sometimes doctors will post advice, suggestions, etc..but essentially (from the short time I've been here) it was created by patients for patients. Maybe you should consider that?

I really hope things work out for you. I'm not gay or anything but you're still a handsome guy and if you were looking for help in getting your life back, this would be a great place to seek it. I realize that your procedure changed your life in a negative way and judge that you are very distrustful of any doctor at this point. It shows. If you can get past that, I can suggest a few who would be able to really help you. If you even want that?

You really don't look that bad but I know you don't feel that way. Your scar can be fixed. The area of the front of your scalp can be made to look 200% better. It's a humble offering on my behalf but it's all I have to offer. You could be you again. If your physical appearance bothers you that much, only you are going to be able to do something about that. Whether it comes from the outside or starts on the inside is up to you.

Whatever you do, all the best. I hope things work out for you and God bless.

Originally posted by youngsuccess:

I've apologized to you out in the open on another thread, so don't take this too personally.<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre><pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

First of all:

HTN affiliated surgeons contribute sporadically; they don't respond to most posts. People who want quick, practical information sometimes will get some replies, but I doubt that most doctors who work long hours are going to willingly engage in a legal debate over the weekend, unless it specifically involves their practice. And since the surgeons here are generally known for their superior work and ethical conduct, they probably don't feel obligated to answer questions about lackluster care, patients' rights violations, etc.

More importantly:

Since you've stated that your goal at this time is not repair, and since you've mostly ignored comments suggesting that you inquire about these options, I don't think most doctors here feel that there is much they can offer.

You are having an existential crisis. Hair transplant surgeons cannot do much for you if your focus is on interrogating them rather than getting yourself help.

youngsuccess...while I await for Oprah to shoot me an email,and I aint have anything else to do , I will reply you .Of course it is not personal icon_smile.gif....it is like Michael Corleone said once....it is nothing personal it is strictly business icon_biggrin.gif

I see a vigor in you and desire to present your

skill in a debate.

You should learn from Feller,who knows how to prove proposition,and if he was not a doctor,he would have been a lawyer.

Ok

You said

"And since the surgeons here are generally known for their superior work and ethical conduct, they probably don't feel obligated to answer questions about lackluster care, patients' rights violations, etc"

A)

Youngsuccess,collective responsibility of HT Physicians,extends moral accountability beyond the relatively narrow scope of interpersonal relationships,(doctor/patient).

Doctors requested moral accountability beyond the relatively narrow scope of interpersonal relationships,when the doctors loby requested the instrument affidavit of merit to shield them from frivilous litigation.

They were granted that.

B)

Logically possible types of collective or group moral responsibility arrangements could be:

* group liability without fault

* group liability with noncontributory fault

* contributory group fault: collective and distributive

* and contributory group fault: collective but not distributive.

Lets check them out so to see,which are most relevant for addressing widespread or collective harms where no culpable individual or individuals are identifiable,and even more when important when culpable individual or individuals are identifiable,but protected by the group/collective

Group liability without fault. According to this conception, a whole group is held morally responsible for the actions of one or several of its members.

This type of collective responsibility usually involves a significant degree of solidarity among group members.

This sort of solidarity is increasingly difficult to find in modern, technologically advanced, mass societies (that is though common in types of organisations such as gangs,organised crime,cults,military structures etc... icon_biggrin.gif..don't say that I imply anything now,remember nothing personal)

The ascendancy of individualism as a primary factor in the way in which people perceive themselves and their relationships with others has been a dominant trend (with exceptions,I named few), at least in the West, since the Reformation and later the Enlightenment.

Since liability, as well as shame, guilt, and the effects of any punishment directed at the group, will be borne by each and every member as a result of the wrongdoing of one or a few, the liability of all of the others will be vicarious.

Vicarious liability, whether in ethics or the law, is a responsibility arrangement in which the party held to be liable to punishment or other responsive measures is not the party that performed the morally or legally faulty action that caused some harm or other untoward consequence. An example of vicarious liability applied to individuals is the assumption in some organizational settings that the person at the top of the hierarchy of authority is ultimately liable for the actions of the organization and its members.

In military settings, for instance, the commanding officer on whose 'watch' harm or wrongdoing occurred is held liable independently of any liability ascribed to some lower ranking soldier(s) whose behavior actually caused the harm in question. If the commanding officer has not engaged in any substandard behavior that contributed to the harm, then his/her liability is purely vicarious.

In some cases under the law, parents are held liable for the actions of their minor children. But in many such cases, the parents do properly bear at least partial responsibility for their children's wrong or harmful behavior, along with vicarious liability, due to negligent or otherwise morally faulty parenting.

For the most part, group liability without fault is an arrangement that goes directly against contemporary moral intuitions and the principles of individual agency and personal responsibility. Clearly there have been situations and there continue to be places in which a group's solidarity and common sense of identity and purpose, which this arrangement both depends upon and reinforces, can be in the interest of a group's survival.

Are you paying attention young friend icon_smile.gif...now we talking here...

Responsibility arrangement, a group is said to bear liability with noncontributory fault when an entire group is held to be responsible for the morally faulty behavior of every member of the group, although it is only the faulty behavior of some or a few which ultimately results in harm or injury to others. The practice of drinking alcohol and driving is an example of this second arrangement. This risky behavior fortunately causes harm less often than it occurs. Persons who drink to the point of impairment or beyond and drive, but do not cause an accident as a result, are lucky. From a moral perspective, since it is only luck that separates members of the drinking drivers group who cause harm from members who do not, each member bears some degree of guilt and moral taint.

By aplied analogy to the questions I posted about specific conducts that harm or expose to harm patients,such as, abandoning of patient in midle of surgery,delegating Physician duties to non med personel etc ...

It is the willingness here of every one of the HT "Industry" (or drinking-drivers used as already aplied analogy by legislator) to engage in behavior (like drink driving is)likely to cause harm (injury to patient,and/or adverse efect) that justifies liability for the whole group, and this group HT "Industry liability is independent of the additional individual liability of a particular doc " intentionaly violating patient rights to cut cost and expand profit, whose risky behavior actually results in harm (it could and it does).

Third arrangement, contributory group fault: collective and distributive, group responsibility is the sum of all individual responsibility.

Once the blameworthiness of each individual involved in causing harm or acting wrongly is aggregated, there is no remainder whatsoever that is ascribable to the group, independently of its members.

Unlike the first arrangement, there is no vicarious liability involved, because each individual is responsible for the harm or wrongdoing in question.

In most cases of this type, degrees of individual responsibility will vary and will depend on the degree and kind of contribution each member of the group made to the untoward outcome.

What do u think YS if the group shields its member to being justly questioned by court for illegal practices is the group responsible ,also?

An example - one thousand experienced swimmers relaxing on a beach as a man in the water begins to shout for help. There is no lifeguard on duty, the shouts for help are audible to all, but not one of the swimmers on the beach responds to help the man.

This is a case of contributory group fault that is collective and distributive.

For group responsibility to be of this type, the group must lack an identity, internal solidarity, or any kind of formal or informal structure and cohesiveness in regards to ETHICS.

In this third type, moral responsibility is aggregated individual responsibility, not the responsibility of the whole group as an entity, independent of individual members. Groups often referred to as random collectives, such as mobs or crowds, are those appropriate for the application of this third arrangement.

The final type of collective responsibility is the only one of the four in which culpability is not reducible. This fourth type, contributory group fault: collective but not distributive, is an arrangement which provides for group moral responsibility that is independent of any responsibility or moral fault ascribable to all or any of its individual members. It is the group itself that is at fault and the group's moral responsibility is not equivalent to the sum of the responsibilities of its members.

Group moral responsibility of this type is a concept that allows the entire issue of widespread harm associated with organizational activities to be treated differently in many respects from the approach that has been dominant.

More individualistic assumptions have tended to prevail in both morality and the law, and these assumptions have informed social practice in cases of widespread harm involving large organizations. Also, as mentioned above, the whole focus of questions of moral responsibility, blameworthiness, and punishment has been primarily on individual actions in the context of interpersonal relationships.

The tremendous power of large formal (and in this case informal )organizations, when exercised negligently or recklessly, not only presents the potential for widespread harm, but the very nature of bureaucratic organization, whether public or private, obscures the specific contributions of individual group members to harm or wrongdoing.

I said informal organisation...HT "Industry" is a fact DE FACTO but is not a legal entity DE JURE.

If a group, separate from its members, can be

legaly shielded with instrument affidavit of merit,then consequently,same group has to be held morally responsible and liable to punishment, concerns regarding the moral status of such groups are raised, including what similarities and differences in moral status exist between groups and individual human agents.

So does this chalenge your proposition ?

If yes are you going to :

1.question my MOTIVES icon_biggrin.gif?

2.place a name on me icon_eek.gif?

3.tell me where is my reasoning flawed?

"And since the surgeons here are generally known for their superior work and ethical conduct, they probably don't feel obligated to answer questions about lackluster care, patients' rights violations, etc"...?

about what you wrote:

"More importantly:

You are having an existential crisis. Hair transplant surgeons cannot do much for you if your focus is on interrogating them rather than getting yourself help"

1.I never stated that.Where did I state that?

2.How do you know what the doctors have to offer?

3.why do you assume that I have existencional crisis icon_biggrin.gif...even my psychiactrist can't prove that to me icon_smile.gif

4.Why do you think that I interogate them?Interogation can only be made by supreme entity over subordinate or submissive entity.I am not that,and the doctors are not that.I just ask questions.Their answers could end the dillema...if I go to surgeon,will i be abandoned in midle of surgery...will I be given to non medical personel to perform medical tasks on me.

huh...I am tired...lets see if I got email... icon_biggrin.gif<LI>

[/quote[img:left]][img:top]Ethics.jpg [/img][[/img]code] [/code]<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

As Bill said, it is difficult to understand what point you are trying to make. After thinking about it I believe you are looking for replies from physicians in the hopes you can use it in court. To me, it seems like you are baiting them to reply. If I am wrong, forgive me. I do not mean that as an accusation, it just doesn't seem like you are looking for the things others come here for. Support, advice, encouragement, assistance, suggestions, recommendations and help in general. This forum is patient driven and always has been.

imissme

no email from Oprah yet so I will reply to you.

You are eloquent,inteligent person.

I want this HT field to be safe for patients.

I want to be safe for me when I go for repair.

I will go for repair only if,the doctor actually does the surgery,not unsupervised technicians.I am patient driven.

I also have been doctor driven... icon_biggrin.gif...did not like that ride let me tell you that icon_biggrin.gif

take care thanks for going through my wall of text

I have somewhat above average ability of observation.It stroke me first hand when u said that you just read my posts....including the part when you say "and read about how you've been trying to get help for that and I am truly sorry for how difficult this has been for you and how it has negatively affected your life."

(only place where I mentioned that is when went to see aditional 3 doctors for help...)

.yet it is a fact that I erased that part from my blogs a week ago...

how did u read something that does not exist here any more? icon_wink.gif

John,

If brevity is the soul of wit, then you are one witty son of a bitch. icon_biggrin.gif

I think you've interpreted a lot of what I said a little too literally, but your points are fair enough and I will back off.

I just don't think you are going to get the answers you seek on these threads. Feller goes above and beyond the call of duty and is the exception around here when it comes to taking the time out to post. I am glad he contacted you, and hope that others make an effort if they have been reading your story.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

hey u boy icon_biggrin.gif

I did not expect that u are going to give a damn good blow back!

You did though...

This business is well ended.

My liege, and madam, to expostulate

What majesty should be, what duty is,

Why day is day, night night, and time is time,

Were nothing but to waste night, day and time.

Therefore, since brevity is the soul of wit,

And tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes,

I will be brief: your noble son is mad:

Mad call I it; for, to define true madness,

What is't but to be nothing else but mad?

But let that go.

You are YS after all.You are right I need to chill out...I don't wanna be like him.

Hey I did not mean to tell u to back off.Come visit any time I like talking to u.

Take care