Dr.Feller ht review

pokerbrat

I recently went to Dr. Feller for a 1500 strip to rebuild my hairline and i have to say that i had a great experience. Initially, the night before and the weeks leading up to it i was very nervous, but after it was all said and done, the worrying was a waste of time.(It was my first ht)

I got there around 7:45 and Dr. Feller and his staff were great..made me feel really comfortable and i knew i had made a great decision to choose Dr. F. (His techs were great and very professional.)

We talked a bit and he answered my questions..i think we started around 8:30 and i was done by 12:30, afterwards i was given lunch and told of my post op directions (i was also given a sheet to take home which had Dr. Feller's beeper number..just in case)The whole surgery was so easy...no problems..didnt feel a thing. I got 1530 grafts with 71cm/2 density. I told Dr.F i wanted my donor covered by my existing hair and it is totally hidden.(I let it grow about an inch before the surgery) I felt great so i was able to drive about an hour and a half to get home. That too was no problem, except for the fact that i had that damn bandage on my head and it was sticking out all around my hat..i must've looked really crazy driving..ha.(That was actually the worst part of the whole day)

So now im on day 5 post op and the healing is going great..i took the meds for only the first night and there was little if any swelling. Maybe the first night, thats it! I guess this has to do with the size of my procedure, but i know it also has to do with a great surgeon. I also have very little redness in the recepient area. All in all i am so happy with the post op. I was expecting much worse..to be all swollen and red, but it isn't like that at all.

I just wanted to give my two cents on my first experience with Dr. Feller and i am so glad that i did this. I am going back in a couple days to get the staples removed and hopefully get my pictures so i can post them up here. Once i post those i will put my recent ones up.

Thanks to everyone on this forum that helped me make a great informed decision..reading these forums i learned so much and before i came here i didnt have a clue.

I recently went to Dr. Feller for a 1500 strip to rebuild my hairline and i have to say that i had a great experience. Initially, the night before and the weeks leading up to it i was very nervous, but after it was all said and done, the worrying was a waste of time.(It was my first ht)

I got there around 7:45 and Dr. Feller and his staff were great..made me feel really comfortable and i knew i had made a great decision to choose Dr. F. (His techs were great and very professional.)

We talked a bit and he answered my questions..i think we started around 8:30 and i was done by 12:30, afterwards i was given lunch and told of my post op directions (i was also given a sheet to take home which had Dr. Feller's beeper number..just in case)The whole surgery was so easy...no problems..didnt feel a thing. I got 1530 grafts with 71cm/2 density. I told Dr.F i wanted my donor covered by my existing hair and it is totally hidden.(I let it grow about an inch before the surgery) I felt great so i was able to drive about an hour and a half to get home. That too was no problem, except for the fact that i had that damn bandage on my head and it was sticking out all around my hat..i must've looked really crazy driving..ha.(That was actually the worst part of the whole day)

So now im on day 5 post op and the healing is going great..i took the meds for only the first night and there was little if any swelling. Maybe the first night, thats it! I guess this has to do with the size of my procedure, but i know it also has to do with a great surgeon. I also have very little redness in the recepient area. All in all i am so happy with the post op. I was expecting much worse..to be all swollen and red, but it isn't like that at all.

I just wanted to give my two cents on my first experience with Dr. Feller and i am so glad that i did this. I am going back in a couple days to get the staples removed and hopefully get my pictures so i can post them up here. Once i post those i will put my recent ones up.

Thanks to everyone on this forum that helped me make a great informed decision..reading these forums i learned so much and before i came here i didnt have a clue.

Originally posted by pokerbrat:

Pokerbrat, this is what this forum is all about.

When a lot of us were younger, we did not have access to this great info and got poor procedures done.

It feels good to know that this does not happen as much now with the more educated younger crowd. Congrats on your surgery and look forward to your progress reports.

NoBuzz

This is just one of the many positive experiences people get when they go to a Coalition doctor. If people choose not too they may or may not have this expericence and/or positive results.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Pokerbrat - I know you were going back and forth on your decision. I'm glad to hear you went through with it and of course had a positive experience with Dr. Feller and his staff.

I'm actually exactly 6 months out today (I'll be posting results soon) from my Dr. F HT and can tell you it was one of the best decisions I made. In most lighting, I have what looks like full coverage in my front 1/3 when I didn't have anything before. Please keep in mind Dr. F said I was almost 2 months ahead of an average HT, so don't expect the same results. The next few months will be tough since you won't see the growth, but have faith and you'll be enjoying the fruits of his labor.

Quick story to illustrate how hair does make a difference. My wife met her best friend last week and showed her pictures from our recent vacation. Her friend didn't know I had an HT and blurted out I looked 10 years younger! Now that's what I'm talkin about!

Best of luck on your recovery and continue to post for advice.

Jersey

2/22/07 Dr. Feller 3000 grafts

Pokerbrat,

I'm glad to hear that this community has helped educate you and brought you to Dr. Feller. Your positive experience with him is surely not surprising while we are all extremely happy for you!

I hope you'll take the time to share your pictures with us. I also encourage you to create a hair loss weblog.

Best wishes my friend,

Bill

its now day 6 and i havent seen any scabs forming on my head..so quick question..are the scabs still to come or did i get lucky and experience no scabbing. If the latter is true, i consider myself lucky. What do you guys think..is day 6 already to late for any scabs to start? i figured that they would have to have appeared already right?

Poker,

Your scabs have shed probably. With minimal incisions the healing is fast and your scabs from day 1 were probably very small to see. I know most of my scabs were gone by day 4-6 but I tend to heal fast.

NoBuzz

spex..nobuzz..thanks for the replies. It's now day 10 post op and everything is good. The scabs never came or shed before i even noticed them..I've been putting witch hazel on after my shower to help with the healing and redness a bit. Also..i go to sleep with a good amount of aloe on my head so it soaks in nice overnight...still waiting on my pics from the doc.