On the way to Shapiro Medical for an initial consultation.

I finally have made the first step towards my HT. I'm meeting with Shapiro at the end of the month or early November. I can't wait for this. i just hope he doesn't tell me that I should wait. I'm 25 years old, but have pretty much stopped my hair loss dead in it's tracks three years ago with Propecia and now Avodart. I looked at my pictures from three years ago when I was receding really bad and my hair is exactly the same. I feel lucky that I started so soon and caught it early. I can finally afford a procedure financially, so I will definitely be asking alot of questions. My only goal is to establish a really nice front line. The rest can always be thinner, you don't see the top as much as the front. What do you guys think?

I finally have made the first step towards my HT. I'm meeting with Shapiro at the end of the month or early November. I can't wait for this. i just hope he doesn't tell me that I should wait. I'm 25 years old, but have pretty much stopped my hair loss dead in it's tracks three years ago with Propecia and now Avodart. I looked at my pictures from three years ago when I was receding really bad and my hair is exactly the same. I feel lucky that I started so soon and caught it early. I can finally afford a procedure financially, so I will definitely be asking alot of questions. My only goal is to establish a really nice front line. The rest can always be thinner, you don't see the top as much as the front. What do you guys think?

I think you are absultely right. It is possible you might start losing hair in the future, hopefully you wont, but the hairline frames the face. M personal i would rather have a good hairline and a balding crown than a good crown and recessed temples which i really dont like. I hope you can had the HT if this is what you really want and i am sure you made a good choice for a doc. What are you on the NW and what is the density you would like to achieve?

Good luck.

Greetz.

Pictures of my hairloss can be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/belgiumdude2004/

I see you are a NW2-3, excactly like i am, although i am only 21. Reading posts like yours about propecia and avodart gives ma hope that it is possible to stop my hairloss where it is right now. I wish you all the best and please provide us with some pics if you through with the HT, i am always very interested of the results of guys with the same hairloss like i have icon_wink.gif Good luck

Greetz.

I was looking at your picture in one of your previous posts and I am almost exactly like you on the NW scale. My hair loss pattern is almost identical. The only difference is I have no loss on the sides, it's all in the "power alley" area, but the sides remain, so it really makes the recession look exagerrated. We're on the rigth track though. I will promise you that you will look almost exactly the same a year from now and even three years from now if you stay with the Proscar. Hang with it man, it worked for me and my hair loss was really stubborn at first...

Hi man, thanks for the boost in confidence, believe me when i say that i really hope you are right, i really hope i can stop my hairloss to where it is right now. It is good you still have it all on the sides. The less that needs to be tranplanted, the less $$$ it will cost you. How many grafts do you think you will have to get transplanted? Are you going for a high density? Good luck

Greetz.

I'm not really concerned about high density. I just want something in the "power alleys" to fill them in again. I don't care if I have the dense hair line I had when I was younger. I just want something there to conceal the shiny bald area. It's funny how you can lose hair in just that area, but the rest of your density is the same it was years ago. I must admit, I think my hair is thinner than it was 5 years ago, but it's the same as it was since I started Propecia and then Avodart. Good luck with maintaining you hair count icon_smile.gif

• 1 month later...

Well, I met with Matt Zupan and I must say it was definitely a confidence builder! He made me feel great and totally unpressured. He gave me several concealer products and told me to try these before I made any decision on a HT. He said I was definitely a very strong candidate since I had made the necessary steps early to combat my hairloss and also that I was far enough in my hair loss that they would have no problem performing the procedure. In no way was I ever pressured. I pretty much knew all of the information he was giving me, but I really did learn alot about density issues along with coverage aesthetics and am really impressed in the way that the Shapiro Group is very conservative in order to ensure the edequate amount of donor hair. This was a major concern of mine considering the fact that I'm pretty young (26). This practice is top notch! I'm going to book a procedure for February or March. I just thought you guys would like to hear my experience. I was really impressed!

good luck, Justin! SMG is definitely a well-run organization. They do a lot to educate the patient.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

-- If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

-- The truth only matters if you know about it.