H/T Surgeons in Nevada or the Bay area

I was wondering if anyone knows a good hair transplant surgeon either in Nevada or the San Fransico Bay/Sacramento area. I live in northern Nevada, and am wary about the experience level and quality of the surgeons here. Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone knows a good hair transplant surgeon either in Nevada or the San Fransico Bay/Sacramento area. I live in northern Nevada, and am wary about the experience level and quality of the surgeons here. Thanks!

Hello Stacy,

I have done alot of research and have had many appointments with many dr.'s in the Bay Area and I have made the decision that should I wish to proceed with this HT procedure, I will either go to Australia to Drs. Wood and Cambell, or wait for New Hair Institute to perfect the single follicular extraction method they recently stated they are able to do. This method has been done exclusivly in Australia at Dr. Wood and Cambell's office. This is a no strip excision surgery which,unlike the strip excision method, may have many complications that are generally never spoken about at your "consultations".Good Luck!

Dear Robert:

I would appreciate it if you could comment on the "many complications" of strip excision, of the donor area.I would also appreciate providing any details of the technique used by Woods.

I and the vast majority of my colleagues utilize strip excision. Perhaps I have been fortunate, but the amount of scarring and the width of scarring from this excision, has been minimal. As long as the tissue is closed without undue tension the resultant scar should be more than acceptable.

Insofar as complications , I have never observed an infection.Patients may experience some discomfort for a few days and rarely longer. The discomfort can be managed quite easily.

Paul T. Rose,MD

Dear Paul,

While not meaning to discredit those MD's that are doing quality HT work, I am sure that you are aware that there have been complications with the strip excision method which might include numbness that does not subside,excessive scarring in the donor area,ie., wide scar, or painfullness,and limited number of procedures due to scalp laxity. This is only my opinion after speaking with and learning from others who have undergone HT's. BTW... I have had the procedure done many years ago myself.

Regarding Dr. Woods technique.... anyone can learn of it from the various websites. Again, this is my opinion only and if I am considering having further work performed, I would choose the single follicular extraction method.

Respectfully, Robert

• 3 months later...

I wold have to side with Dr Rose. Poor results with strip excision is more a question of surgical

expertise or skill and than an issue of technique. While many are high on Dr Woods, you have to remember he uses the old punch graft method which

has higher degrees of transection loss and more

chance of follicle failure.

Select a good ht doc with proven skills and I do not think you or anyone will be disatisfied.