propecia & rogaine effect

cricketlover

I have been on propecia for close to 2 years now. I never really noticed my crown & dont have many before pictures. I started rogaine 6 months back & my crown is filling up! I generally hate looking back at my crown & had not looked back there since an year. The crown has improved tremendously!

The length of the hair is pretty much the same in both the pictures. Wish I had taken few more pics before starting both rogaine & propecia! but i can defenitely feel the thickness improving

what do you guys think?

5221086583_4E80C4619BE6B75F490FB4B42C5C61FE.jpg.thumb 4221086583_ADED80FA10EE75E7B3E288A35ED470D2.jpg.thumb

I have been on propecia for close to 2 years now. I never really noticed my crown & dont have many before pictures. I started rogaine 6 months back & my crown is filling up! I generally hate looking back at my crown & had not looked back there since an year. The crown has improved tremendously!

The length of the hair is pretty much the same in both the pictures. Wish I had taken few more pics before starting both rogaine & propecia! but i can defenitely feel the thickness improving

what do you guys think?

5221086583_4E80C4619BE6B75F490FB4B42C5C61FE.jpg.thumb 4221086583_ADED80FA10EE75E7B3E288A35ED470D2.jpg.thumb

Looks awesome! May I ask how old you are? I've been on both for 3 months but am wondering how it works young vs. older....

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

It looks like a big improvment. You're definately getting positive effects from the two meds.

Keep it up and thanks for sharing your results thus far. Best of luck.

thanks for all the replies! I had been on propcia for 2 years & did not see any growth, most of this growth maybe because of rogaine which i started 6 months back. hopefully it will keep on improving icon_smile.gif

@dewayne -- i am 25 years old..

@Janna -- thanks for the comments. not sure if you remember me, we exchanged a few private messages, shapiro is & has been my choice always, i will wait out for some more time to see how my hairloss progresses & then consider a HT with you guys

thanks Bill & peaceful_lion!

@dabuski -- you brought up my main concern. i am a diffuse thinner, slight recession at the temples. my hairline is pretty much stable with diffuse thinning behind it. its not that bad as such. propecia/rogaine combination has halted the progresion. One thing i have noticed is that my hairline/temples have become softer once i started on propecia/rogaine. not sure if its just the natural balding pattern or if propecia had anything to do with it?

Hi Cricketlover,

I do recall a little bit of our pm's now that you mention it. Sounds like a good plan to see just how much more effect you'll get from the two meds. You know how to reach me if you have any questions or concerns. Best wishes.

Looks great. Rogaine plus Propecia is the greatest synergy of resluts over mono therapy. Also, the younger you use the combo the better the results.

SMOOTHY

5HT 15yrs/ Shapiro

Propecia/Rogaine xtra

MSM/Saw Pallmetto

Zrii daily

thanks why oh why! I use the foam. previously i used the liquid but recently switched to the foam version. I feel rogaine has caused the regrowth because i have been on propecia for 2 years & did not see much of growth.

thanks jupiter! went thru your blog as well, your hair also seems to have improved a great deal! hope you too get good growth..