I went to Dr. Diep of the MHTA Clinic in Los Gatos, CA. He had good reviews and seem to be a successful surgeon. I regretted it immediately after. I haven't worn my real hair out in 2 years, which is a horrible way to live because of a someone's mistake.
1. He focused on putting grafts where I had hair already, leaving me with a small amount for the hairline which is so transparent and doesn't cover the bumpy scars he left from leaving too much skin on the base of each graft.
2. Where he drew a line on my forehead to show where my new hairline would be looked nothing like what I walked out of there with. It is a scam. He asks before surgery that if he feels you need extra grafts will you be willing to pay and of course I choose yes because I want it to be perfect. He didn't even accomplish what he promised me so Im afraid to say I may have paid an additional $1000 for imaginary grafts.
3. I was told my head would not be shaved bald. They shaved my hairline so far back that I was not able to go out in public without looking completely crazy. And when I asked what they expected me to do to go to work, their answer was that I wear a weave, because I was advised not to wear a wig which makes no sense at all because how could I possibly put a weave on scalp?
4. They carelessly shaved into my hair and cut some length from other sections of my head because they did not comb or section apart my hair they just shaved all kinds of different directions. Here's the funny part they picked my hair up off the floor and braided it into hair that was still connected and put a rubberband around it so I wouldn't know what they had done. So after surgery I'm sore and in very much pain and needed to keep my hair braided so it would stay out of my wounds so maybe two weekend later when I take out the braids I realized just how much hair they had cut by "accident".
5. I had a question recently. I have these goosebumps in my hairline that are very noticable and I googled that it is a mistake on the surgeons part so I called with my question I was told I would be called back I never was. I had to call again and of course they'll blame there mistakes on your body and how their mistake is your bodies reaction and it's common among whatever race you are that this happens......really?
6. Lastly Dr. diep does not do his surgeries his technicians do and they are careless, probably don't really care about how successful surgeries are. Multiple different technicians do your surgery and it is noticable in the end result, because some do better than others and you will end up looking rather inconsistent, when I saw his before and after pics I thought they were great look very closely for imperfections they are easier to notice when they are on your own hairline.
7. It has been seven months and the front of my hair looks very see through. Dr. Diep likes to cover his screw ups by saying you may need more than one surgery for more density which makes him more money. Also his favorite is, is that he likes to create a hairline that isn't perfect and not too dense because it will look fake but in reality it is to cover up any mistakes or incompetence of his office. Now my hairline is shaped round on the left and square on the right.
8.DO NOT GO TO DR DIEP ONCE HE HAS YOUR MONEY HE NO LONGER CARES ABOUT YOU I COULD NOT EVEN TALK TO HIM ABOUT MY INQUIRIES AFTER MY SURGERY. I am no longer a priority as his patient, he has all the time in the world for you before your surgery he even talks to you for your consultation but after that your history.
9. I just pray whatever happens that my result are decent and don't require any corrective surgeries just to look semi-normal. I worry quite often after having this surgery. I just wanted people to know my experience.
10. Once during surgery my meds wore off because your not given anesthesia your given a cocktail of drugs in a cup. They acted as if they didn't want to sedate me again. After i paid $12,000 plus $1000 do supposedly extra grafts that I can't tell exist because my hair looks thin and he didn't even reach the marker line he drew, anyways after I pay that much you can't sedate me again so I won't feel your staff stab me repeatedly with a needle into my head!!!!! Beware people!
This young lady came to Arocha Hair Restoration with traction alopecia. She had FUT procedure 2000 to restore her hairline. At only 4 months she is showing major improvement.
To view additional photos please visit: http://www.arochahairrestoration.com/en/photos/search.asp?albumid=123
We present a case of traction alopecia in a 36 year old female with obviously very tight, curly hair. We used 2000 follicular units to correct the bilateral temporal tuft areas. The results are at nine months as well as intra-operative graft placement.