I'm looking for some advice from the community on whether I should consider surgery (or wait) and how to perfect my daily routine to prevent hair loss. Below is a short history of my hair loss and some questions. Any wisdom/advice or recommendations would be immensely appreciated!
My Hair Loss Timeline:
-I started noticing my hair falling out around age 20/21. I have a family history of hair loss on my mothers side. My fathers side does not suffer from hair loss until they are in their 60s.
-I went to Dr. Bernstein in NY and he proscribed Propecia and Rogaine. I used them as directed until I began to suffer from unprompted depression. After conversing with Dr. B he recommended that I stop using Propecia but continue with the Rogaine.
-After several years of Rogaine my hairline has continued to recede and my crown area has begun to thin out as well.
-I did my research and decided to try PRP + ACell to stem the tide of my hair loss. I did 3 rounds 1 month apart beginning February 2016. I am due to go back to Dr. Hollande Chen later this month for a follow up. It seems to have helped more in my hairline than the crown.
-Recently, I have submitted online consultations with Dr. Feller and Bloxham (who I have also seen in person and will again very soon), Hasson and Wong and Rahal. Hasson recommended a small strip procedure to reestablish my hairline. However, Dr. Rahal said I am not far along enough to have any surgical work done.
-I have recently purchased Nizoral shampoo and have put Biotin in my daily anti-hair loss routine. I'm also trying to be more consistent with my Minox use too.
Attached are some pictures that help illustrate my hair loss and short term goals. I drew a possible hairline in a few pictures. All pictures were taken with damp hair and without using concealer (Toppik).
1) Different doctors have recommended surgery, others have advised against it. Do you think surgery is in line with my short-term goal of having a solid hairline for my wedding?
2) What advice do you have for someone in my position? I am 26 about to be 27.
3) Should I add anything to my current hair loss routine? (Minox, PRP + ACell, Biotin and Nizoral)
4) Is topical finasteride a safe alternative to pill fin.? Does it have the same side effects as the oral form? I've been struggling to find scientific papers on this issue.
5) Out of the doctors I have been conversing with- do you have any recommendations of who I should go with?
Again, I really appreciate any ideas or recommendations you guys have! Thank you!