Hair Loss Story
Well I am 32 and have been slowly receeding for probably 7 years. I thought it was just maturation but now am sure it is more then that. Baldness runs on my dads side. I also have a condition called Cutis Verticus Gyrata...basically it is just...Read More
Hair Loss Overview
- Describe Your Hair Loss Pattern:
- Receding Hairline (Genetic Baldness)
- How long have you been losing your hair?:
- In the last 5 years
- Norwood Level if Known:
- Norwood II
- What Best Describes Your Goals?:
- Maintain Existing Hair, Considering Non-Surgical Treatments, I'm here for support
Hair Loss Treatments
- Have you ever had a hair transplant?:
- Current Non-Surgical Treatment Regime:
- Comments about hair loss treatments you've tried or are considering:
- Considering Propecia if it is right for me, wanting to stop further hair loss.
Hair Loss Forum ProfileSpanker
Most Active Members
To search and browse all members, Click here
Spanker's Hair Loss Story
Well I am 32 and have been slowly receeding for probably 7 years. I thought it was just maturation but now am sure it is more then that. Baldness runs on my dads side. I also have a condition called Cutis Verticus Gyrata...basically it is just a wrinkled scalp...aka...hot dog head....it is vertical instead of horizontal like on an overweight mans neck might look like. It makes me very self conscious when it is shaved tight. I did not know I had it until I joined the army at 18 and had my head shaved. There is no cure for it except to go under a knife and I don't think it is severe enough to do that. Especailly if I can keep the hair I have.
It is actually pretty thick right now with the exception of reccession. The very front of my hairline is starting to bust up a little too. Not quite like Jude Law, but I can see I may be headed in that direction if I don't something...or worse. I know some Norwood V's may roll their eyes, but my recession combined with my conditioned have me very nervous.
As of July of 2011 I have been on finasteride for 11 months and have not seen any improvement, but have not really seen it get worse either that I can reall tell. I hope it is working for my but I am not sure.