Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Restoration Questions and Answers

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Restoration Questions and Answers Post a question for other knowledgeable forum members here. Any hair loss sufferers with good advice are also encouraged to respond.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21   Top  
Old 06-13-2018, 01:15 AM
Follicular Master

Who is your doc and do you not trust him?

Try to not stress about an arbitrary number that alone, really has no meaning.

Did you pic a doc that has a bunch of unhappy patients?

You will definitely care about your hair in 6 years, so, doing the right thing for the long run is always a good idea.

View Dr. Konior's Website
View Spanker's Website
I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.
  #22   Top  
Old 06-13-2018, 01:30 AM
Guru Real Hair Club Member

I agree with spanker in having some patience ..we in a hairloss battle .. itís a lifelong war ..
But I totally understand where u coming from .. honestly I think ur first surgery should of included ur temple points , so u didnít have to go through this second surgery .. but look on the bright side , u have ur hairline n temple points filled out now ..ur 3 rd procedure should give u the density u want .. n ur crown seems to be intact , so u can focus on ur midscalp for that density u desire .. how is ur donor area looking ? How many grafts do u have left? N what Norwood were u befor the transplant ?
  #23   Top  
Old 06-13-2018, 03:40 AM
Honorary Real Hair Club Member

Quote:
Having a natural look is infinitely more important than big time density.
I agree.
  #24   Top  
Old 06-13-2018, 05:13 AM
Mentor Real Hair Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyevenbother View Post

The 17% number is from the doc, it's how much hair I have in the transplanted zone. Compared to 100% being what I had there before balding. That's overall, he specified that it's more in some areas, less in others.
17 % is a very odd number.
Are you sure that this is not just miscommunication? Maybe you had around 17 % hair remaining before the surgey. To transplant 17 % of your original desnsity does not make any sense.

One more comment: Your regime is very (!) aggresive with 5 mg FIN and DUT on top.
  #25   Top  
Old 06-15-2018, 02:44 PM
New Real Hair Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanker View Post
Who is your doc and do you not trust him?

Did you pic a doc that has a bunch of unhappy patients?
I'm not gonna say his name but you all know him and he's one of the best, unquestionably. That's why him trying to push this overly conservative approach and telling me to just accept having low density in the front is so terrifying. He has great pictures of dense-packing on his website and posted in these forums.

Quote:
You will definitely care about your hair in 6 years, so, doing the right thing for the long run is always a good idea.
If I can't get my hair to a point where I feel comfortable participating in society then I'm going to be an empty shell of a person at 40 anyway.

Quote:
Try to not stress about an arbitrary number that alone, really has no meaning.
Hope you're right. So let me put it this way then, I would be a NW3A without the surgeries. I know it varies but is 2350 grafts conceivably enough to take NW3A to a dense appearance?

I'm worried about density because the implanted hairs look so unnatural on my head in any areas that aren't dense. Like really, obviously unnatural. I don't know if it's my hair characteristics or it just hasn't been long enough yet. I'm 7.5 months from the first procedure now.
  #26   Top  
Old 06-15-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend007 View Post
I agree with spanker in having some patience ..we in a hairloss battle .. itís a lifelong war ..
But I totally understand where u coming from .. honestly I think ur first surgery should of included ur temple points , so u didnít have to go through this second surgery .. but look on the bright side , u have ur hairline n temple points filled out now ..ur 3 rd procedure should give u the density u want .. n ur crown seems to be intact , so u can focus on ur midscalp for that density u desire ..
Thanks, I'm really trying to stay positive. I know I should wait to book the 3rd procedure but this extended social isolation is driving me nuts. I don't know if I can risk waiting another 7-24 months (when the 1st procedure will be grown out vs. what the doctor recommended) PLUS another 14 months for that to grow in.

I actually work from home so I have it easier than most in that sense, I don't know how people do this. I sure don't want anyone I know seeing what I've been looking like the past few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend007 View Post
how is ur donor area looking ? How many grafts do u have left? N what Norwood were u befor the transplant ?
I attached some pics of the donor, I should probably ask the doc on # of grafts left, I'm not sure. He's taken less out of the left side than the back and right, so far.

I was NW2A before the 1st transplant but my natural hair pattern (ignoring grafts) is definitely at least NW3A now, maybe even NW4A.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180615_121853.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	124648   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180615_122045.jpg
Size:	290.3 KB
ID:	124649   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180615_122420.jpg
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	124650  
  #27   Top  
Old 06-15-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasthoerer View Post
17 % is a very odd number.
Are you sure that this is not just miscommunication? Maybe you had around 17 % hair remaining before the surgey. To transplant 17 % of your original desnsity does not make any sense.
Yeah I'm sure, I discussed it with him again in my more recent visit. Why would you say it doesn't make sense? It's low certainly but I get the impression he's just being conservative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasthoerer View Post
One more comment: Your regime is very (!) aggresive with 5 mg FIN and DUT on top.
I did that for 2 years but I'm not on it anymore, I dropped the DUT and am just doing FIN 1.25mg/daily now.
  #28   Top  
Old 06-15-2018, 03:30 PM
Celestial Follicle Club Member

I also would like to see your hair grown out to at least 3 inches or more.

I think it looks great and find it very hard to believe that it's only 17% density.

As others have said, give it time and yes waiting can be the hardest thing to do post-op but you owe it to yourself because it is indeed a life long plan in restoring one's hair.

It is the visual result that counts, not the numbers...

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Jim Harris, Denver, CO - Dr. Robert True & Dr. Robert Dorin, New York, NY