Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews Share your own hair transplant experiences with others here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31   Top  
Old 05-13-2018, 12:17 PM
Mentor Real Hair Club Member

congrats, you can instantly tell this is going to be a spectacular result! like you said, already looks fantastic ... compare current pics to where you started and its night and day .. only going to get better
  #32   Top  
Old 05-14-2018, 07:46 AM
Veteran Real Hair Club Member

wagnumpi, Nice growth!

"but hand on my heart, when I have been out celebrating, and feel rough the next day, the following day I have noticed significant growth? "

Hmmmm...if you're into beer, beer contain silica and silica encourages faster hair growth.
  #33   Top  
Old 05-16-2018, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortuneplant View Post
wagnumpi, Nice growth!

"but hand on my heart, when I have been out celebrating, and feel rough the next day, the following day I have noticed significant growth? "

Hmmmm...if you're into beer, beer contain silica and silica encourages faster hair growth.
Interesting... Right okay, have drank beer but mostly been prosecco in all fairness but nevertheless find it fascinating that it at least seems that significant improvements happen. Almost feel as if i'm discovering something like they did with the medical trials for osteoporosis and baldness although well aware my "tests" aren't exactly a healthy way to help things along. Perhaps have to continue my "tests" to see if I can pinpoint what is causing it if anything
  #34   Top  
Old 05-16-2018, 12:37 PM

I love your results!

I currently looking into Dr. Erkan Demisoy. I have a couple of questions, and i would be grateful if you would answer them.

Would you recommend him?

How did you get to know him? Hes not recommended on this site.

Do you know how long his waiting list is?

Regards,
  #35   Top  
Old 05-16-2018, 12:41 PM
New Real Hair Club Member

Hey, nice FUE results. I am thinking of getting this done. Can you tell us how many grafts and price? My case could be similar to yours I think. How long did you stay there in case you had to travel?

I would have panicked like you but the end was a happy one, just a few months of insecurities and uncertainty is worth it. I think I would post my experience like you did because not only you feel comforted by other people but help people too.

EDIT: I also get bad sex (generally) as a side effect of finasteride so I wonder can we stop taking it after surgery? I've been taking it since I was 20, I am 35 now and I would love to dismiss it but I'm not sure if it's a good idea for my hair.

EDIT 2: OK so it was 1664 grafts 1.25 euro each. Do you know how long is the waiting list? Can you wear a cap or something after your scalp healed (two weeks) to hide the bald spots before it grows up?

EDIT 3: How do I contact this doctor?

Last edited by BigBen; 05-16-2018 at 12:59 PM.
  #36   Top  
Old 05-18-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student1231 View Post
I love your results!

I currently looking into Dr. Erkan Demisoy. I have a couple of questions, and i would be grateful if you would answer them.

Would you recommend him?

How did you get to know him? Hes not recommended on this site.

Do you know how long his waiting list is?

Regards,
Haven't reached the final result as of yet so difficult to say absolutely yes, but since everything has gone very well so far I would currently definitely recommend.

When I did my research I mainly used this site and although he's not part of the Hair Restoration Network therefore not listed (assume that's how it works?), against other Doctors offering reasonable prices he seemed for me at least to be the obvious choice. I came across many images on here with excellent to decent results, he carries out most the procedure himself which isn't the case with many others, and the communications I was having with them seemed to be far less pushy than some of the other places which made me feel more comfortable with it.

As for waiting times, I have no idea i'm afraid sorry. All I know is I booked my transplant in over Christmas back in August but that was due to it fitting in well with work etc rather than the waiting times being that long. If you contact them, Muzaffer is a very friendly chap who should be able to answer that for you.

Good luck what ever decide to do!
  #37   Top  
Old 05-18-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
Hey, nice FUE results. I am thinking of getting this done. Can you tell us how many grafts and price? My case could be similar to yours I think. How long did you stay there in case you had to travel?

I would have panicked like you but the end was a happy one, just a few months of insecurities and uncertainty is worth it. I think I would post my experience like you did because not only you feel comforted by other people but help people too.

EDIT: I also get bad sex (generally) as a side effect of finasteride so I wonder can we stop taking it after surgery? I've been taking it since I was 20, I am 35 now and I would love to dismiss it but I'm not sure if it's a good idea for my hair.

EDIT 2: OK so it was 1664 grafts 1.25 euro each. Do you know how long is the waiting list? Can you wear a cap or something after your scalp healed (two weeks) to hide the bald spots before it grows up?

EDIT 3: How do I contact this doctor?
I'll bullet point my answer as only have a minute but hopefully will answer everything;

1. Number of grafts was 1664 and if I remember correctly think the whole thing excluding flights cost ?2700 (Think that's the minimum price they charge but will cover up to 2000 grafts)
2. Stayed for literally couple days. Flew in night before, surgery, then flew back around lunch time the next day.
3. Unfortunately they do suggest to stay on finasteride and minoxidil but since my hair loss hasnt been too severe and my father has similar hairline to what I had, I think i'm fortunate enough to come off it. Like you it severely effected my sex drive so felt i'd rather take the risk since I think how i feel is more important than how I look.
4.Waiting list, no idea i'm afraid and yes you can wear a cap about two weeks after surgery although I chose just to leave out in the open as i'm self employed so didnt have work colleagues to notice it and by time gone back to work the redness had mainly calmed down.
5. I contacted them via their website - Armamed. Sa? Ekimi, FUE sa? ekimi, Dr. Erkan Demirsoy, FUT Sa? Ekimi, Online Konsultasyon, ?ncesi sonras
They came back to me pretty swiftly although heard others having to chase so send images over and chase if haven't heard back after a week or so.

Hope that answers all your questions!
  #38   Top  
Old 05-18-2018, 11:06 AM
New Real Hair Club Member

Thanks! He is in Istanbul, right?

My receding hairline is more or less like yours was, but I also have diffuse alopecia on all the upper side of my scalp, not sure if you had this because it looks like you only had receding hairline in the photos. Did you have surgery done anywhere else or hairline only?

My hair is thin but not because of alopecia but has always been thin since I was a kid, because I'm fair likely, so is yours? Not sure if fair/blond people need more grafts because we have thinner hair?
  #39   Top  
Old 05-18-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:

My receding hairline is more or less like yours was, but I also have diffuse alopecia on all the upper side of my scalp, not sure if you had this because it looks like you only had receding hairline in the photos. Did you have surgery done anywhere else or hairline only?

My hair is thin but not because of alopecia but has always been thin since I was a kid, because I'm fair likely, so is yours? Not sure if fair/blond people need more grafts because we have thinner hair?
Yep Istanbul. Was really easy and the hotel they supply is lovely but just be aware no one there speaks English as its in a random part of town so I guess they don't get many foreign tourists. Nevertheless managed to cope and they were really friendly, just ordering room service was a tad difficult. Also just to note, Istanbul is a Big city so don't worry when it feels like you've been driving forever and wonder where the guys taking you like I did

Fortunately for myself I'm kind of the perfect patient as my hair is extremely thick apart from my temples where I went bald. It will certainly thin out as my dads is quite thin now but due to how thick it is, it made the hairline stand out like a sore thumb previously unless I did comb overs since it goes from completely bald to then extremely thick. Due to the thickness most of my grafts contained 3-4 hairs (some even 5!) with only a handful being a couple and hardly any with just one. Because of that it should end up giving a more natural look.
For yourself if you have thinner fairer hair I guess the result perhaps won't be technically as good as mine (although could be fortunate) but I would say I have a friend who's going very thin at the front with similar sounding hair to yours and I've always thought it didn't look too bad on him since with the lighter hair, it's more similar tone to your skin, so it's doesn't stand out quite so bad as it does with thicker darker hair. Obviously though I think your always going to be more judgemental on your own hair than others but personally to me, don't think lighter hair looks anyway near as bad as darker hair receding.
You always have the opportunity to do a second run as some of the better results I've seen have required two visits as trying to pack in too many grafts in one go can shock your body and they won't end up all surviving.
If need anymore info or tips just let me know!
  #40   Top  
Old 05-18-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:

I'm certainly no expert but post some images of your hair so can take a look. Like I say, clearly not going to be able to give perfect advice but always handy to have other people's opinions...

Tags
demirsoy, erkan, fue, temples, turkey