Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Restoration Questions and Answers

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Restoration Questions and Answers Post a question for other knowledgeable forum members here. Any hair loss sufferers with good advice are also encouraged to respond.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Top  
Old 05-16-2018, 05:40 AM

Default [Who's the Best Doctor to Fix the Hairline]

Hello guys,

i'm new to this forum and i'm really thinking to fix my hairline.

I'm a Norwood 2.

This is my goal: fixing the hairline and the temples area.

I don't care abut fixing the rest. From what i have been able to see trying to fight against hair loss with the hair transplant is a rabbit hole and results are never going to be 100% satisfactory.

I'm trying to find a doctor who's a master at fixing the hairline and able to give natural results.

Like the transplant that had George Clooney just to give you an example.

When the hair behind will keep falling i'm going to use a hairpiece for the rest of the scalp.

Yes i know, the mantainance of this "witchery" is going to be crazy but in order to have a decent hairline and a head full of hear i don't see any other realistic solution.

For the result i'm trying to achieve i think that this is the best/more realistic option.

I'm trying to find a surgeon who's able to perform my request (lowering the hiarline of one centimeter and fixing the temples). I was thinking at Dr Diep but i have seen on this forum some stories that are not exactly exciting about him.

Cheers
  #2   Top  
Old 05-16-2018, 08:27 AM
Follicular Salvation Club Member

I would be weary of wanting results like George Clooney, most movie stars use partial hair systems. Like Clooney and Matthew McCaunghey, our community recommends surgeons with a proven track record of consistent results, I would recommend taking a look at our recommendations and look up patient reviews. See our recommendations here https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.co...ss-doctors.asp

My first thread
Hairline Procedure with Dr. Diep

My updated thread
Crown Procedure with Dr. Diep

View my patient website
Patient website
  #3   Top  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:35 PM
Honorary Real Hair Club Member

Age appropriate hairlines will always dictate what an ethical doctor chooses to do for you, if your hair loss history is deemed aggressive or unstable then no ethical doctor will want to advance your hairline beyond where it already is because most men are a Norwood 2 naturally with age, even without full blown male pattern baldness.

What is your age?
Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016
  #4   Top  
Old 05-18-2018, 01:42 AM
Veteran Real Hair Club Member

@Melvin-HTsoon
How do you know that Clooney is having hair system?

Back to question. If it comes to hairline i would chose dr Feriduni or Rahal.
  #5   Top  
Old 05-18-2018, 03:26 AM
Mentor Real Hair Club Member

Clooney has just great hair and no transplant. It just appears that way, cause he shaved his hairline in ER (Simliar to V. Karheiser in Mad Men). Therefore, you will never reach his status even with the best clinic.

If you have minmal loss, only looking for the hairline and you have great hair/skin characteristics you can get a great, natural result. You should go to a clinic with specializes on that and dr. doing most of the work) My favorits for such cases:

- Konoir (he is above the others for such a case and would be my choice but waiting list and prices are insane)
- Couto
- Keser
- HLC
- Kaan (reltively unkown as he is not long independent but much cheaper than the rest)
- Lupanzula

From the clinics with a more technician based approach, who still do great hairline work I like:

- Rahal
- Feriduni

The latter one would be on top of my list also for bigger cases. For Rahal I would prefer FUT in case of bigger areas.

Last edited by Gasthoerer; 05-18-2018 at 03:51 AM.
  #6   Top  
Old 05-18-2018, 05:03 AM
Celestial Follicle Club Member

I'm pretty sure that George Clooney's hairline is all natural, native hair. I've seen no evidence that he's had a transplant and heard plenty about him shaving it. In fact I've examined closely some of the hi-res, outdoor photos that exist of him at events and I've seen signs of clipped hairs at his hairline. His hairline isn't even amazingly dense if viewed up close.

Italianchange, why don't you post some photos for us to assess?

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com
  #7   Top  
Old 05-18-2018, 05:26 AM
Veteran Real Hair Club Member

@Gasthoerer

What's the price and waiting time for dr Konoir?
  #8   Top  
Old 05-18-2018, 05:50 AM

Hi guys and thank you all for you replies.

I'll attach a few pictures so you can figure out what we are talking about.

Please notice: i fully understand that there are people who are in a much worse condition then me that would pay/kill for being in my condition at 35. So i don't want to offend the sensibility of anyone if some of you think that in my scenario a hair transplant is unnecessary. I work in a very competitive industry so i have a point of view that is different from a normal person.

My goal would be fixing the temples and receding the hairline a little bit.

Now, unfortunately from what i have seen is very rare to achieve a result that looks natural on the harline because, from what i have seen, the "transplanted hairline" tend to look thinner then a natural thick hairline.

So i'm really trying to make my mind.

Hair transplant or hair piece.

If the hairline doesn't look great i might end up combing the hair down in some sort of fringe (like i should do with the hair piece) but unfortunately this kind of haircut doesn't look great on me and i would eventually get the same result that i would get with a hair piece but having the pain in the ass of passing through a surgical operation.

Here some pics so you can see what i'm talking about

https://ibb.co/dcBTbJ

https://ibb.co/bHbrVd

https://ibb.co/eMPpGJ
  #9   Top  
Old 05-18-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffar1989 View Post
@Gasthoerer

What's the price and waiting time for dr Konoir?
Best is you contact the clinic. I read in here some members claimed 1 year wait for consultation, 1-2 for surgery and 9-10 Dollar per FUE graft.
  #10   Top  
Old 05-18-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italianchange View Post

Here some pics so you can see what i'm talking about

https://ibb.co/dcBTbJ

https://ibb.co/bHbrVd

https://ibb.co/eMPpGJ
With you type of loss, whic appears to be hairline and temples this pics are worthless. We Need to see the porportions (1/3 rule) from front and side to estimated the required amount of grafts.

Of course a transplant is just an Illusion, but it can be a good one. Just look at the top cases in here.